Wednesday, February 11, 2009

12 things I just L-O-V-E about my little Valentines

We've made so many Valentines and heart related projects around here it's hard not to be all mushy about whoever your Valentine's are! Today being the 12th it seems like a perfect day to make a list of things I love about my kids right now. The pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the list....they're just some of my favorite pictures of my kiddies

1. I L-O-V-E the way Emma is using normal, grown up phrases and getting them right. At the grocery store the other day she said "Mommy, where's the milk?" I told her it was in the back in a big refrigerator and she replied "yeah, that makes sense." It just makes me laugh. Even funnier is when she gets things wrong- like today she was having "races" with daddy and Andrew and she wanted me to say "ready set go!" Only instead of asking me to say go she said "you talk the words, mommy." Good stuff.

2. I L-O-V-E Andrews interest in books and how he seems to have so many of them memorized. Even though most people can't understand most of what he says I can and I love hearing him "read" to himself.


3. I L-O-V-E how easily and constantly the kids are influenced by each other. They are the ultimate "monkey see monkey do" pair (for good and bad) and I love how they're always tuned in to each other.

4. I L-O-V-E their schedule. I mean, they get up really early sometimes but for the most part-they run a 7-7 ship. Plus, now that we've gotten Emma's night time pee problem solved she's been sleeping until 7:30 most mornings. They really are good to us.

5. I L-O-V-E the way they've adjusted to sharing a room. They can even go to bed at the same time now! When I leave the room with both of them awake and hear Andrew say "night night Emma" I know there's nothing better in the whole universe.

6. I L-O-V-E how snuggly and loving they both are! I love hearing the words "come on, mommy lets have a snuggle." I love seeing Andrew running towards me with his "silk" and saying "nugg-o." Man, I am a lucky Mama!


7. I L-O-V-E their tininess! Emma is in the 3rd percentile for weight (26 lbs) and Andrew is so far off the chart he can't even see it (17 lbs). BUT, you know what? I'm lovin' it! No, I don't starve them! They are allowed to eat whenever and pretty much whatever they want. Andrew is wearing clothes he got last year for his birthday (3-6 months size shorts) and Emma is wearing the same stuff she was wearing last winter. She has grown in height a little from last year but her waist is still pretty darn skinny, so I'm going to make some of her pants into shorts for the summer. These kids know how to wear out clothes!

8. I L-O-V-E how easy they are to please. Doesn't take much to make these kids happy. Just take them outside and blow some bubbles or let them run around. It's all about simple pleasures.

9. I L-O-V-E how much they love their daddy! They are always so happy to see him and would play with him every minute of their lives if they could.

10. I L-O-V-E how healthy they are. I know this one sounds silly. BUT, I see so many kids who are constantly sick and mine aren't. Andrew had a lot of ear infections for a while, but he seems to have grown out of it. They seem to be able to fight off many things and for that their mama loves them!


11. I L-O-V-E "the place" they're in right now. I am just loving this stage of life. It is feeling so manageable and fun. We really do have fun every single day. We don't always get everything done that needs to be done (will the laundry ever all be put away at one time?) But, we always laugh, every day- and that's better than an empty laundry basket any day of the week.


12. I L-O-V-E playing hide and seek with them. Andrew is the worlds greatest hider! He will stay stealthily quiet wherever you put him. I love to see him cover his little eyes and count to 10. I love the way they giggle when they find you! I don't remember this game being this much fun from my childhood....but I guess like many other things in life- it has gotten better with age.

Happy Valentine's Day to my little tiny Sweeties!

4 comments:

{kim} said...

Ahhh, how sweet! They are good kids. Now if only they could come visit us...

Alison said...

Such a sweet post! Love it!

Alison said...

This post made me cry. Thanks a lot.

Tonia said...

So sweet, I loved reading your post about your little ones. You're such a good mommy!