I've been thinking of other things I love and thought I'd make myself a little list here.
I don't have a gym membership, or a treadmill. We do have a gym in our complex but it's not lighted very well and I don't feel comfortable going there by myself at 5 in the morning or 8 at night (the times my husband is home and I can leave to workout). SO, I'm left to workout with videos. I happen to love workout videos and my favorite lately are the Biggest Loser Series. When Mike is home we have family workouts. I do the video and Mike does push ups and a bunch of other exercises while the kids hang on him. I laughed last week when I put a video in and Emma came in the room and said "are we gonna do Bob?" (Bob is the trainers name). The problem comes about when Mike is not home and if I don't exercise in the morning before the kids get up they want to hang all over ME while I workout. Yeah...I can't do push ups with 2 kids on my back. Sorry.

I have eczema. It can and has been pretty ugly at times. I have a whole slew of prescription products. I don't use soap to wash my hands. Instead I use Cetaphil. My only problem was that I didn't want to use Cetaphil in the shower. But, no matter what I used I would end up red, flaky and itchy. Even "sensitive skin" soaps didn't help. BUT, one day I swiped a bottle from the kids bathroom to use in the shower...and voila! No more red itchiness! I still need my prescription creams and lotions but this is the ONE body wash product that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. Miracle!

This stuff words on everything! This is the best stain remover we've found. So far we've been pleasantly surprised it has solved our problems of:
black shoe polish in the carpet
Spaghetti sauce in our clothes
Kool Aid on clothes
Kool Aid on the carpet
Chocolate pudding on the carpet
RED children's Tylenol out of Emma's shirt
I wish I could say all those stains were the kids fault, but they weren't. We love love love Kids n Pets. It also has a pleasant smell and isn't toxic- good for skin and noses!

Now, why isn't this stuff more popular? I happen to LOVE V8 juice. I know, it's salty. I LOVE that! If you drink your 8 glasses of water a day the salt in one can of V8 is okay for you. Plus, hello you get 2 servings of vegetables in each can. This is a serious no brainer. And yet, whenever I take a 6-pack of the shelf it's the only one gone. I don't get it.

This is a great book. It's motivational and it's written like a conversation. I love the FLY Lady and I love her system. This book was great for me after Andrew was born and I was feeling like I would never have a handle on all the things I needed to take care of on a daily basis. If you feel disorganized or overwhelmed by your house this book rocks.
5 comments:
Hooray for Johnson's baby wash. I love it! and ewww...about the V8. Sorry. :)I will have to try that stain remover. AND I love watching Biggest Loser...not so motivated yet to work out though.
Sweety, I can no longer drink V8, to much sugar, who knew? but when I did drink it I drank it hot like a soup, yum yum! or I put it in stews and my taco soup. love mom
SO, will KIDs n PETS get out red finger nail polish from white carpet? Just curious.
We used to use Kids n Pets and loved it too - I should buy some more. And I agree with Alison on the V8, yuck! I agree that the idea of drinking a drink and getting 2 servings of veggies is fantastic but why does it have to taste so terrible? Maybe if I were to drink it hot like your mom mentioned it would be o.k. I'll have to try that (in the meantime it's all yours).
What exactly is the Fly lady's system? People are always talking about it on BabyFit and I have no clue. Fill me in!
Post a Comment