
Well well well. I knew it was something a little more than a cold or the flu when yesterday despite all my Tylenol/Motrin giving efforts I couldn't get Emma's temp below 100. So, we went to the Doctor this morning....
Pneumonia. You wouldn't know it unless you hear her cough though. She is a great sick kid. When her fever goes up she gets very listless and sleepy, but for the most part she's a happy kid with pneumonia. Go figure. Her o2 saturation wasn't good until she had some good coughs going on. The doctor said she was satisfied to send her away with some medicine and a watchful eye that she doesn't get any worse. I'm sure she won't.
Hooray for close doctors, quick x-rays, pharmacy in the clinic and a girl who miraculously drinks the medicine without having to be pinned down. Growing up isn't such a bad thing I guess.
2 comments:
Poor Emma. That stinks. It's so sad having sick kids, but it's good she is dealing with it so well.
I'm glad that even though Emma is really sick that she is being good for you. Hopefully that means that she'll recover quickly!
Post a Comment