
Sunday was supposed to be Emma's very first day in Sunbeams, her new Primary class. She was so excited all week about it. I was feeling extra excited for her because last Sunday the Primary President asked me to "move up" from the nursery to teach the sunbeams! Of course this came after I decided nursery wasn't the worst place for me because Andrew won't stay in there without us so I may as well be the teacher. Well, now I'm not going to be in there with him which means he's not going to be either. Oh well. I am still excited to teach the sunbeams.
Well, Thursday night Emma started getting sick. Friday was really no good and by Saturday we knew she wouldn't make her first Sunday in Sunbeams. Sad. We didn't tell her she missed it and she didn't feel well so I don't even think she picked up on the fact that I went to church without her. She was also asleep most of the time I was at church so she didn't even know I was gone.
Needless to say I can't believe I have a kid old enough to go to Primary! When I took a couple of the nursery kids to the Primary room a couple of weeks ago and they had Emma and another little boy go to the front of the room so they could sing the "hello" song to them it was all I could do to not break down in tears. I'm a sad case!
Well, today Emma is feeling much better. I am starting to think maybe she has a sinus infection since she's still got a little fever and her nose is now dripping yellow stuff. She never complains about it though. We'll see.
2 comments:
That is the saddest picture! Poor Emma!
How sad that she had to miss her first day of primary. I'm glad to hear you got all choked up because on Sunday while I was watching Bella standing up in front and sitting with the Sunbeams it was all I could do to keep the leaky faucet turned off. They're getting so big now!
Post a Comment