Monday, January 5, 2009

What's for dinner??

You know that place where you feel "bored" with what you make for dinner?? I'm so there! Here's our menu for this week....what's on yours?


Monday- Super salads- big salads with hard boiled eggs, cheese, and bacon bits (it's a make your own thing)

Tuesday- Homemade Chicken noodle soup, rolls

Wednesday- Burrito Supremes (beans, spanish rice, salsa sour cream) salad

Thursday- Chicken n rice casserole, broccoli

Friday- Twice baked potatoes, green beans

Saturday- Chicken pot pie

Sunday- Pasta with pink sauce and grilled chicken, broccoli

8 comments:

Shantommy said...

Lets see:

1. Taco Soup

2. Pot stickers (super easy and one of my favs. We buy them at Sams. Its ten bucks but it makes between 2 and 5 meals for us)

3. Elk Finger steaks (Tommy's parents brought us some yummy elk steak from his dads "catch")

4. fajitas

5. Cream of Mushroom chicken/rice

6. Stroganoff

7. Chicken pitas

Hope it helps. If you want any of the recipes, let me know! I am getting to a bored point too!

Tonia said...

Your menu sounds yummy. It's so hard always coming up with new ideas for dinner. I wish I could convince Andre that super salads for dinner was a legitimate dinner, I'm almost there (he just doesn't think that a salad is a meal no matter what you put on it).

We do our menu for 2 weeks these days and Andre lost it after grocery shopping so I'm just going from memory here.
1. sloppy joes (with ground turkey instead of ground beef)

2. fajitas (with Andre's homemade Mexian rice and refried beans, yummy)

3. tacos

4. pork chops

5. spaghetti with homemade garlic sauce

6. chicken chili (super easy and healthy, I'll have to send you the recipe - I've also heard it called other things too so you might already have the recipe somewhere but I'll forward you mine anyway)

7. rice and beans

8. brats and sweet potato fries

and there are a couple more that I don't remember. Good luck with the dinner dilemma!

Cassie said...

Here's Ours:

*Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, Cheesy Orzo, and Vegetables

*Mongolian Beef (in the crockpot, of course) and Vegetables

*Margarita Chicken (once again, in the crockpot) and Stewed Tomatoes (another crockpot thing) I've haven't tried either of these yet though, well see...

*Coconut Beef (a new crockpot meal as well)

*Oven Baked Chicken & Crockpot Risotto

*Black Bean Soup with Crab & Andouille Sausage - I know this one is out for you, although you don't put the crab in until you serve it so technically you could just leave it out if you wanted to make it.

I decided a few weeks ago that we needed to try a bunch of new recipes, so I'm trying to do as many as possible for the next few weeks. But I know it could mean a lot of hotdogs and Mac & Cheese for Adalyn when she refuses to try something new.:)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....
1) 'fridge lasagna: take any veggies and make a lasagna. This week we used: cabbage (interesting fill that you can't taste and doesn't cost much), carrots, green pepper, broccoli, olives, ricotta with pizza sauce thinned out with tomato sauce and a combo of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. We make a big one on Sunday and eat it three times over the course of the week with homemade (very easy) bread and salad.
2) Homemade fried rice (one of Geoff's favorites)
3) Homemade pizza with an easy short-rise (15 minutes and ready to go) whole-wheat dough
4) Enchiladas
5) Baked potatoes with giant salad (we have very different ideas about the "perfect" toppings so this allows us to do whatever we want). While the oven is on I stick in one my favorite fruit cobbler desserts too!
mmmm... now I'm hungry!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

such great ideas! I think i'm even tired of my cookbooks, so I love all of your ideas! Pot stickers? mmmm-that makes me crave beef and broccoli.
Pork chops- Mike would love that. I don't love pork chops, but Mike does and I DO love pork fried rice with the left overs. Cheesy orzo?? Sign me up! And, Jenn-fruit cobbler?? Oh, I'm all over that?? I'm interested in how you two top your potatoes altough I'm not at all surprised that it is completely different.

Tonia said...

I decided to check back to see what other responses you've gotten this morning.

I never really liked pork chops either until Andre made them for me. You put lots of garlic and lime on them and grill them on a barbeque grill and they are so much more moist and delicious than just baking in the oven. I love them now!

Shantommy said...

I like pork chops, but I've never been able to make any that actually taste good! Ugh!

Alison said...

So, I'm feeling like a seriously lame mom and wife! I kind of make it up as I go and don't really make menus any more! I should do that! Everyone has such great ideas!