No, she didn't color the very well colored parts of this picture. I do think she's getting better at coloring...but that's daddy's work.
Trying on his astronaut hat. Notice his trusty yellow hat is in his hand. He loves that silly hat.
Such a nice day yesterday was. Mike didn't leave for work until 5:15 in the evening. We didn't really get to hang out with him at all since he was working on some big presentation he has to give at a meeting on Friday. I don't understand anything about helicopter transmissions but he has made quite a Power Point presentation.
I got to do a workout with my new 15 lb weights. That was easier said than done. I was thinking I needed heavier weights than my 10 lbs because my arms weren't ever sore any more after my workouts. Well, Mike got me some 15's and now they're sore again! As well as my back, chest, and legs. Lunges, lunges, lunges. That Jillian Michaels is crazy.
I organized all my "crafty" supplies which was no easy task! The kids played with pipe cleaners and emptied out the pots and pans cupboard. They put all the pans on their heads. For some reason Emma has decided a pan on her head means she's an astronaut. I don't really see the connection, but I'm not three so my imagination isn't quite as wild. I should maybe wash the pans out when they do this...and yet I don't. I put them right back in the cupboard. Well, I'll wash them if anyone else comes to eat at our house.
I updated some frames and realized I need to print some pictures. Isn't it funny in this digital picture age we have thousands of pictures on our computer but not in photo albums or frames. When our kids grow up and move away we'll give them their lives in picture Cd's or on a jump drive instead of in photo albums.
The kids and I went to the mall to play on the indoor playground. There was a bruiser of a kid chasing Emma around trying to tickle her. He was about her same age. I watched him for about 60 full seconds and when I realized his mom wasn't going to tell him to stop even though my daughter was running away saying "NO! Don't tickle me!" I said to him "she doesn't want you to tickle her." Of course I had to tell him a SECOND time. I can't stand it when parents don't watch their own kids. Plus, even if you're going to let a child annoy another if you hear the child he is torturing yell "NO" and run away...it's probably time to step in. No means no, fella. Even three year olds can learn it. After we lost the annoying kid there was much fun to be had. The kids bounced around for an hour, shared a Happy Meal and then were sufficently exhausted.
We decorated for Valentine's Day and worked on our Valentine's. They're so cute! Here's the decoration I made. The kids work is documented in our other blog. I'm not sure making Valentine's Day decorations counts as a "schooly" activity....oh well.
Happy Thursday.
6 comments:
Cute! I might have to steal your Valentine's wreath idea. It's so cute. Oh and I do the same thing with pots and pans. I just stick them back in. You get so much done in a day. I always feel so lazy when I read your blog! We've just been laying around since Jakob's been sick!
Making valentines is too a "schooley" thing -- especially since you're the boss of the school. :)
Indoor playgrounds at the mall are great, especially because I'm too cheap to ever buy anything there and also in the summer outside playgrounds are way too hot in AZ.
Indoor playgrounds at the mall are great, especially because I'm too cheap to ever buy anything there and also in the summer outside playgrounds are way too hot in AZ.
What a busy day! I'm with Allison, your days are always so full of so much stuff, how do you do it?
Cute wreath. I love seeing all your projects.
Post a Comment