While we were gone we celebrated Mike's birthday. Now we're the same age (for another 6 months). This was the 10th time Mike and I have celebrated his birthday as a couple....weird to think of it that way. Weird to think that when we met he was still 18! Madison's birthday is close to his so we had a joint birthday cupcake celebration. Yellow cupcakes, chocolate frosting...same formula we've always had on his birthday. Dinner was meatball subs which ROCKED. Mike shared his birthday present with me tonight when he bought me dinner at Five Guys burgers with a gift card. What a sweetie!
Because this was the 10th time we've celebrated his birthday I have decided to make a list of 10 things I love about Mike.
1. I love that he will do anything. There isn't any job/chore/assignment in this family he "doesn't do." Even though I have made the blanket statement that I don't nor will I ever iron- he never has. He takes the trash out, changes diapers, cleans bathrooms, irons, does dishes. He's a great partner in the house.
2. He is a nerd like me. At this very moment we're watching a documentary about Henry Kissinger. I like documentaries, and so does he. He is even more "nerdy" than me with his non-fiction only reading rule. But, I love his love of learning.
3. He is smart. I have loved watching him learn to fly. His textbooks are thick and unbelievably overwhelming. I have helped him study stacks of index cards two inches thick and seen him give me all the information on them verbatim. He is a smarty and I love that.
4. He is fun! Yeah, he can clean and loves to read textbooks and wants to learn every language in the world, but he also loves to ride roller coasters and play skee ball. We've had some good times and there's no one I'd rather spend a Saturday with than him.
5. He loves his family. He's never needed a guys night out and never finds other things to do instead of coming home. I love how much he loves spending time with us.
6. He's not an alpha male. He doesn't do things just because that's "what guys do." He doesn't ride a motorcycle or feel the need to drive a big truck. (Not that every guy who does those things is an alpha male) He wears pink (sometimes) and looks really good doing it.
7. He's is talented. He can play the piano, and guitar, he's bilingual, athletic, oh and he's a pilot...dang those are great genes to pass on.
8. He is endlessly sweet. There's nothing I've ever really wanted he hasn't moved the Earth to get for me whether it was a milkshake or a foot rub. I've never been left wanting and I've always felt very lucky.
9. He's got big dreams. We've got this dream of a house with a library and three of the walls have floor to ceiling bookcases....how many people could have that same dream with me? Yeah, I'm married to the right guy.
10. He gets better with age. I never thought there could be anything better than those fluttery butterflies in my stomach those first months we were together. Boy, was I wrong.
Happy Birthday, Mike. I love you!
4 comments:
I wanna see some pics of Madison, Jordan, and Sylvie. I still picture them as the same from when I left.
Here are some reasons why I love Mike:
1. He is a metrosexual
2. He can play the piano
3. He married you and still lets us hang out, and he even gets along with Steve
Happy (late) Birthday Mike!
Kim...I'm LMAO. That's why I love you...you always make me laugh. I would NEVER hav married Mike if I thought he wouldn't get along with you...that just wouldn't have worked.
Happy birthday Mike! I'm jealous of the meatball subs, they are yummy and I'm glad you introduced them to us. What a sweet list, you guys are good together!
Happy Birthday Mike!!
Post a Comment