Okay, so I lied about uploading pictures. I didn't bring my camera cord. Which is just as well because I haven't really taken any pictures yet...but we've had fun. I just need to jot some random thought down here before I forget them.
The kids did very well on our six hour drive up here. I am feeling very accomplished now this year flying alone with them twice and now a six hour car trip! I won't get too cocky though, since we have a drive home on Monday or Tuesday.
Emma was thrilled to see snow falling as we pulled up to the house! Both the kids wanted to play in it. They brought the wrong parent for that. Mommy likes warm weather activities. Daddy does too but he's a little softer for his twirly girlie when she wants to do something silly like play in the snow.
We got to go to my favorite thrift shop. I miss that job! Working there for almost three years was so fun! The kids got a couple puzzles and books.
I had to go to Target the other night to get 48 pairs of socks for all the dancing teens and tweens on Saturday night at the big Bat Mitzvah. I decided to wait until Andrew went to bed and took just Emma. It was almost 8 p.m. and the place was PACKED! It's very difficult for me to believe there is a recession going on when I see such things. Very difficult indeed. Poor Emma couldn't even admire her animals in the toy section because there were too many over flowing carts and crazy shoppers driving them.
Every time Emma has seen a bus during the school day she says "there goes Sylvie and Maddie." I think in her three year old mind they just ride around in the bus all day. She's funny.
Wednesday night the electricity went off about 1 a.m. when we got up at 7 it was COLD. I was thankful for a gas fireplace, the fat working PECO workers and a nice warm mall to walk around in.
Everyone here gets a kick out of Andrew. He will answer yes or "ess" to any question you ask him. Andrew do you love Emma? "Esss." Andrew, are you a space alien? "esss." Yeah, we've had some fun with that one.
The kids are sleeping great! Andrew went down just fine in his pack and play and Emma has taken two naps in Sylvie's bed (she was BEYOND excited). Thanks, kids! Of course, I am getting a full nights sleep (6 hours in a row) because Emma is sleeping next to me. When Mike gets here Friday night she'll be relegated to an air mattress on the floor.
I miss my hubby....yeah that deployment thing is going to rock. Can't wait to see him tomorrow night. He has to fly at 5 a.m. tomorrow and then drive six hours up here. Eeek!
Speaking of a full nights sleep. I better go get one.
2 comments:
hey just saw your blog. your kids are soooo cute. i hope everything is great with you. funny to see we are growing up and all. Let me know the next time you come to az.
love ya
rachel
I'm glad your long drive went well and I hope the drive back goes just as well. I hope you stay warm and that Emma continues her sleeping streak even after Mike gets here.
Post a Comment