
This is the MOST exciting purchase I've ever made at a yard sale. This is an advent calendar with a sweet little Christmas mouse you move from 24 days til Christmas all the way to 1. Why is this so exciting? Well, you see this is the exact same calendar my family had when I was growing up. In fact, I'm fairly certain in my parents house this calendar is hanging at this very moment! A little icing on the cake...it cost me 25 cents!
To add a little more fun to our month I have folded 24 different activities on peices of paper...one Christmas fun activity every day. They're not super elaborate, but they're fun!
We've made salt dough ornaments and painted them together. They're so fun!
5 comments:
I recognize that too. Thats the one that Tommy grew up with. He and his sister used to fight over who got to move the mouse every day.
In an effort to recreate this in my home, I bought something like unto it where you have to move a candy cane each day, but it was more like 20 dollars not 20 cents!
And you're eating a peppermint each day too right??
How exciting to have found the identical one to the one you grew up with! I love your idea to put Christmas activities in it! Looks like fun.
You are so good at finding good deals! And it's funny that you made salt dough ornaments..we are doing that tonight! :)
I want one! We had one my mom made I think growing up. We had to do a differnt Christmas act of service each day (read to a sibling, do a chore for mom) etc then we got a piece of gum or such. I remember looking forward to that gum so much! I need to look for one of these after Christmas
Post a Comment