The paper I wrote my name and number on 9 years ago today and handed to Mike. He carried it in his wallet until a month or so ago when he decided to scan it just in case he ever lost it. Cold December Philadelphia night
One boy from the school of the winning football team
One girl who thought it might be fun to dance-
Met.
Danced.
Talked.
Danced some more.
Kissed.
Exchanged.
Thought.
Fluttered.
Fell in love.
That's a lot for one night, I know. December 4th can truly be considered THE best day of my life. Without this day the other days I hold so precious would never have happened. I am so thankful I was at that dance in Philadelphia in 1999. I am so happy Mike decided to come to the dance, and said yes when I asked him to dance. I am so happy we later bumped into each other when we were each looking for the other again. I am thankful he said "you want to get out of here and talk?" I'm so glad we did. I'm so glad he took that dive off the deep end and planted a sweet kiss on me only about 90 minutes after we met. As I have gotten to know Mike I know what a leap outside his personality this move was. It. Was. Awesome.
Truth is, if he had said to me that very night "want to go to Vegas and elope?" I probably would have. We just knew. I have since gotten to know the man I fell in love with that night, despite my logical deduction that he was all wrong for me. I had two rules about dating. The first was no Mormon boys that hadn't yet been on their mission- too complicated. My second was no boys who were the baby in their family. He was both of those things. I couldn't have cared less about the "wrong" and could only focus on the pixie fairy dust like spell I was under. Magic.
I have since gotten to know the man I would have happily run away with 9 years ago. What is best about him is that he is even better than I imagined he would be on my drive home that night. He is sweeter, funnier, smarter, more hard working, and more fun to spend every day with that I ever could have wished for. What a wonderful road we have been on for the last 9 years. I have loved it more than I could have imagined. Even the part when we lived on separate continents.
I love him. I knew I would.
12 comments:
Awww, so stinkin sweet!
So cute!
Fabulous Story! My one rule was "Never date a guy again who tried to kiss me on the first date." I so broke that rule with Tim. Welcome to the kiss on the first date fall in love club. Aren't those Greenstreet boys great??
Wow! What a great story...
Your great at remembering details. I know I would have been scared off if a guy tried to kiss me after knowing him for 90 minutes, you are brave Brooke!
I love, love, love this post! What a great story!!! It's just like magic, or a fairytale. Love at first site (or night) does exsist! I can't believe he kissed you the first night, and still has that paper. So stinkin' cute!
Thanks for the story Brooke, it's a great one. I've always been proud of you and Michael and your great examples. It was so awesome that he served a Mission and that you waited for him. I love your BLOG. It's so fun seeing pictures and hearing about your family. We think of you often. Love to ALL Aunt Jere
Great journaling!! What a sweet, romantic story you two have.
Never get tired of hearing this story. Awww!
he kept the paper. that's toooo sweet. I have always loved the story of how you to met! still love it!
Wow, I think that's the most adorable, romantic thing I've ever heard! You should be a movie :)
Thanks for the comment on my blog. YES! I'd love to get together at the Children's museum. Any day. Just let me know what works best for you. I have a pass that I can bring guests on, too, so that is perfect!
Post a Comment