Sunday, November 30, 2008

Playing on a big pile of trash

Ugh. I am SO SAD our Thanksgiving break is over. We all had such a good time together. Does it really have to end? Mike and I are fortunate in that we like hanging out together so it really is sad when these breaks end.
We had a fun outing on Saturday. We decided to go check out Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach. This is a GREAT park only about 15 minutes away. There is a big hill (60 or so feet high) in the middle of the park that was actually built of layers of waste and clean soil. I am surprised it didn't smell...but if we didn't know it was made of trash we would have never guessed it. Next time we'll bring the stroller and use the 1.5 mile walking trail. The kids loved the playground and all the ducks walking around. It was a little chilly, but we figured a little chill never killed anyone. We all ran up and down the hill a couple of times and Mike taught Emma to roll down the hill. Andrew chased a tennis ball up and down the hill about 30 times. He really is like a puppy. Overall, it was the best outing to a park made of trash I've ever taken.






4 comments:

Tonia said...

A park made of trash, what will they think of next? We're bummed the long weekend is over too. Luckily Christmas is just around the corner, is Mike taking leave? It looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

So we call you the trashy relatives from now on right? JK -- Sounds like the kids had a great time!

Adriane said...

Crazy! That's hilarious!

{kim} said...

Looks like fun! And, is that facial hair I see on Mike???