Friday, November 28, 2008

Little moments

Isn't one of the most wonderful things about cameras is that we can truly remember little things our minds would forget just because we have an image to spark that memory. I know I would be a fool not to remember all these little moments because they each made me smile this week.
All of Emma's (famous) animals lined up on the side of the bathtub because I said "next we're going to take a bath." She and Andrew ran frantically to get them all in the bathroom and she lined them up so nicely. When I went to run the water they were all there waiting to hop in. (Alyn, these animals are by Schleich and you can buy them at Target or Toys R Us. They are awesome for my kids. They play with them every day, take them to church, in the tub, when we go out. I don't know what we would do without our animals).

Andrew's wide eyed wonderment as we went up to the base so Mike could show us and his parents "his" helicopter. Andrew was beyond thrilled. He couldn't wait to get inside and loved just running around the hangar. When Mike stepped up into the helicopter he looked around as quickly as he could for someone to lift him up. I love the passion he has for flying objects.

Making my Thanksgiving feast at one point I saw Andrew laying under the table eating his apple and just watching me cook. What a funny little guy. I can't go an hour of him being awake and not making me laugh.

Not a great picture of either of the kids but I love the moments they choose to sit together and watch their show. They really do love each other very much. Is there anything better?


This is a scene we have every day when I say "daddy will be home in a couple of minutes." Two children waiting and looking out the window for the blue Santa Fe and that big daddy hug it brings home.

What a wonderful life!

3 comments:

Tonia said...

I love the picture of the 2 of them together watching t.v. Andrew looks like he's grown - actually in that picture he looks like he's almost the same size as Emma!

Megan said...

I love the animals lined up on the bathtub. I think I need to be a nicer mom and let Andrew bring different toys to the tub - I make him stick with the same ol' bath toys. The pictures of them looking out the window waiting for daddy is so sweet - I am sure you are just as excited as they are when he comes home!!!

Alison said...

Brooke...I so enjoyed all of your posts! You have such a great way with words and with bringing the blessings of the little moments into focus.

And no, there is nothing better in all the world to a mommy than seeing their children love each other!