What a wonderful Thanksgiving we have had. I cannot express the joy I felt this morning waking up realizing it's only FRIDAY. I feel like our life is so fast paced and we spend so much time in the shuffle of it all that four full days to spend together as a family just feels so amazing.
I am thankful...
-For this weekend we have to enjoy each other
-For the company we had over the weekend making our house full and keeping me from posting this until now because we were just too busy enjoying ourselves.
-For grandparents my children are overjoyed to see and who will lay on the floor with them doing puzzles and playing crocodiles
-For a wonderful husband who watched the kids all day while I cooked and then busied himself with the clean up after dinner. He was so spectacular. What a wonderful man I am blessed to share every day with.
-For cell phones and blogs and videos and digital pictures that make my family feel a little closer (even if they're really not)
-For an amazing dessert recipe that is so good I only make it once (or twice) a year
-For two healthy and beautiful children. I cannot express my gratitude for these two little people. They are a joy to spend my days with and I am so happy to pour my heart into them. I cannot imagine leaving something more amazing in the world than these two just the way they are
-For the roof over my head, a table full of Thanksgiving food, a car that runs everytime we want it to, and all the blessings we have. We are truly blessed
-For my friends. I have the most wonderful friends. I feel because of the people I know I could have nothing and would not feel empty because my life is so full of love.
-To live in this country where we are safe to worship as we choose. I cannot imagine the peril or stress of wondering about the fate of our lives walking down the street. I am grateful to live here every single day.
-For my family. The family I was raised with and the family I am raising have so gracefully entertwined themselves in my heart I cannot say the word "family" and not imagine a whole lot of people.
1 comment:
So what is this amazing dessert recipe you mentioned? I'm always up for a delicious dessert!
I'm glad you guys had company for Thanksgiving and are enjoying a nice weekend. Isn't it great that they have 4 days off! Bella came downstairs this morning and told me, "Mommy, daddy doesn't have to go to work anymore!" If only that were the truth!
Post a Comment