Wednesday, November 19, 2008

High School Tag...


Corie tagged me, and I've put this off long enough. I'm just going to chalk it up to a good opportunity to talk about high school....though it's not all pretty.

1. Did you date in high school? Yes! Too much I think. I should have paid more attention to my schoolwork and less attention to the tall football players.

2. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't have a car....I got my first car 1/2 way through my freshman year of college. I paid for it all myself and it was so beautiful.

3. What was your most embarrassing moment? Oh my....there were quite a few. The time I farted in gym class and everyone heard me. Oh, I forgot to mention it was while I was doing sit ups and the guy I had a total crush on was holding my feet. Good times. I still can't think about it without laughing...and wincing a little.

4. Were you a party animal? Umm, by party animal do you mean staying up late? Yes! I never drank or smoked a darn thing. I was a good girl who stayed up late with my friends and laughed my head off. Swimming at the creek at night, bon fires, watching movies until 3 in the morning....I was my own kind of party animal.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so.

6. Were you in band orchestra or choir? Nope. I should have been but I dropped the clarinet like it was hot when I got to high school.

7. Were you a nerd? Um, I am a nerd and I always have been. I was the editor of the school paper, is that nerdy? I'm not sure if anyone else thought I was a nerd in high school....but deep down I've never been "cool" whatever that means.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I ran track for like a second and got hit with the softball (HARD) the few times I played with Varsity softball (I was on the JV team but got to play with Varsity sometimes) then I broke my ankle...again.

9. Did you ever get expelled? NO! I got sent to the principles office once on the second to last day of school and he laughed at me and told me to go back to class.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I couldn't until I read Corie's' blog...that was fun.

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Oliva! She was the BEST teacher ever. I felt like she cared about me as a person, and she required much of me. She made me want to do my best. I just loved her.

12. What was the mascot? Bulldogs. The cool English kind.

13. Did you go to homecoming? Yes all 3 years I was in high school. I was on my first sort of date when I was a freshman and I was holding hands with the boy I was with...and my dad walked in the gym. He looked up at me and said "Hey Sweetie, I wanted to make sure you were okay here." I only went to high school for three years. I sort of skipped my Junior year (I was tired of being in high school and wanted to graduate)

14. Where did you sit during lunch? We didn't have a cafeteria so I usually went home for lunch.

15. If you could go back would you? Oh, heck no! I love being a grown up! You couldn't pay me enough money to go back to high school. The only thing I would go back for is to hang out with Kim more often....we had some good times, didn't we?

16.What do you remember most about graduation? My friend April was in the stands with her fiance and she was only a year older than me and I was thinking I couldn't believe she was getting married! It was weird. And, I remember thinking I couldn't believe I had actually done it- graduated in three years. I was pretty proud of myself.

17. Where did you go for your senior trip? Sunsplash? I can't remember a darn thing about it though...

18. Were you in any clubs? S-club, there were others but man I can't remember them.

19. Have you gained weight since high school? Stupid Stupid question.

20. Who was your prom date? I went to my senior prom with Eric Leonard. We doubled with Kim and Troy. Kim and I had more fun than our dates I think. (They weren't much for dancing)

21. Did you go to your 10 year reunion? No, I don't live in the state. I guess they didn't have one though.

22. Looking back what advice would you give yourself?
-Take your eyes off the boys and get straight A's. I should have had a 4.0
-It really DOESN'T matter
-Never ever ditch school with your boyfriend
-Eat less pizza

Okay...if you want to remember high school...I tag you.

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Fun to read but I really, really, really don't want to remember high school so I'm not going to do this one. I'm glad you did though. I can't believe you finished high school in 3 years - you're awesome! Also, I think you're pretty cool ;)

Alison said...

I too have done everything I can to forget high school! :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun though!

Corie Green said...

Ha Ha I loved reading this. Good times but yeah I agree, being a grown up is WAY more fun! LOL. And yeah I give all of my YW the same advice NO Boyfriends in High School! Date, have fun but the boys are really NOT what it's all about. :)