My children continued their sleep strike and woke up at 5:15 (again!). I continued my parenting strike until after 6 a.m. I try and tell them there are no services for children available before 6 a.m. but they continue to stand their ground.
Emma opened a sticker book she got in the mail for her birthday and she couldn't have been more excited. This kid was made for sticker books.
I had a Dr. appointment in the morning and miraculously Mike was home. I then ran into Target by myself and took an extra two minutes to enjoy the Christmas decoration section. I wanted to sing Christmas carols...it's so beautiful. I didn't even walk into the toy section. I got some gobstoppers for Mike and I to enjoy on our road trip up to Philadelphia and some dehydrated apples for the kids to eat. I laughed at the double standard....and got them a little bag of m&m's to eat too.
I made muddy buddies with the kiddies. Chex cereal, melted peanut butter and chocolate, powdered sugar, shaking a big bag up. It's a big mess and a lot of fun!
I exercised during nap time and didn't fold one piece of laundry even though there are about 5000 pieces to fold.
We went to the playground even though it was only 45 degrees. Andrew looked like a big blue marshmallow in his puffy coat and both the kids loved having the playground by themselves. Emma called the frog bouncing toy a "bucking frog" like the one from Bernstein Bears Get the Gimmies. On the swings she loves to go really high. As she was flying as high as the kiddie swing would take her she exclaimed "I am so high in the sky!" It was pretty cold but 25 minutes on the playground was just what the kids needed to fill them with fresh air.
When Mike got home...I went to a Book signing at Barnes and Noble. Glenn Beck was signing copies of his new book, and it sounded fun to me. I got there about 50 minutes before he was scheduled to start and I had to park 1/4 mile away and was number 295 in line! When I left there were easily 400 people behind me. I was glad I got there when I did.

It was a good day.
5 comments:
Sounds like fun and way more productive than any of my days ever are! And is it a full moon or something because Jakob's been waking up earlier too!
I LOVE muddy buddies! My mom used to make them whenever we would go camping when I was a kid - mmmm! I'm so sorry that your kids wake before 6. I get so upset that Olivia has now been getting up right around 6 nowadays but I know it could be worse (however, she doesn't go to bed until like 8 so for a girl her age 6 is way too early to wake up - not enough sleep time).
I am really, really jealous that you actually got to meet Glenn Beck - not as jealous as Andre is, but still jealous. Awww yeah!
McKay is the muddy buddy queen in our house. I can always tell she's made them by the powdered sugar left on the counter.
Brooke, I swear we are nearly always on the same wavelength. I'm constantly reading your blog and going, "Hey! Me, too!"
I made muddy buddies with my kids yesterday, too!!!! Seriously, what are the odds? Haven't made them in 9 years (I'm not kidding, Mike and I were remembering the last time we had them in our first apartment after we were married) and I made them yesterday!
Oh, and I LOOOOVE Glen Beck! He is a genius.
yummy muddy buddies!
Post a Comment