Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Electricless fun

We had no electricity for 6+ hours today!!! It went off at about 4 a.m. and came back on at almost 10:30. The problem with children who are addicted to white noise is that when the electricity goes off so does their noise....and then they wake up. Which they did. Luckily being the pack rats that we are I just so happen to own a battery powered fan AND a noise machine that makes nice stream sounds. I went into the kids room (Emma was already in our bed for the third time that night!) and laid down in Emma's bed with Andrew and he went back to sleep until after 7. That's good! Well, we decided to have some good electicless fun this morning. We played with all the toys in new ways....did you know balls are fun to race down a race track? Then, we decided to have some fun with art. We needed some more Halloween decorations. I looked at some at the store but they're all just too expensive especially when I need things for the kids curtain rods. So, I made some paper pumpkins and Emma made faces on them.
Andrew isn't quite ready for glue but he likes to be included so he got to paint with yogurt. Fun and yummy!

Working very hard. I said to Emma at one point "nice work, Emma." She said "yeah, I do my work just like daddy goes to work."

The proud Picasso next to her work. She wouldn't stop talking long enough for me to take the picture so she's mid sentence (as usual).


This has nothing to do with the rest of the post but I wanted to remember these too:
We went to a great city park yesterday and Mike went down a slide with Emma. She bounced off the end of the slide and said "great job, daddy! You're a great girl!" When we got to the park Emma said to me "where are my friends?" I said "we didn't bring any friends today, just your family." As we got to the playground there were a group of kids already at the top of the play structure and she says "oh, there are my friends. Hi kids, I'm coming." Poor girl, I guess she misses her friends. Last but not least on Sunday during the sacrament (a generally silent and reverent portion of the meeting) Emma said to the deacon who gave us the tray of bread "thank you very much" and then after eating her little peice of bread she rubbed her belly and said "mmmm, delicous!" The deacon did a very good job at supressing his urge to giggle her.

5 comments:

Tonia said...

You're always so good at coming up with fun, creative things to do.

Andrew looks so old in that picture! He's really changed.

Shantommy said...

Looks like you guys are having fun adn getting your place together. are you looking to sell your travel car seat thing? i want to get one. I can't remember where you said you got it? whats it called? Thanks!

Mollie Lawrence said...

electricless fan. Right on! BE PREPARED! What a fun craft!

Alison said...

I'm so sad. They look so much older all of a sudden. They are getting cuter and cuter. Very cute ideas by the way! See you're good with crafts!

Megan said...

You are such a great mom!!! I need to get more on the ball doing fun things with my kiddos!