Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Solutions

Emma took a nap today!!! I was saying at playgroup how darn stubborn she is and no matter how tired she is she will never ever take a nap. Then, she did!! Hooray!! Also, to solve her "taking pants off during naptime" problem. I bought some giant baby onesies. Luckily she is a small almost three year old and fit just fine into the 24 month size onesies....So, today when her hour of rest time was up instead of bounding out of the room I found her like this:

You gotta love giant baby onesies.

Also, on Friday I'm flying alone with the kiddies and I'm starting to get very very very nervous about keeping Andrew busy on the plane. He is oh so busy. Nothing entertains him except pushing things around and the cat. I'm taking his car seat on the plane and I'm hoping to have a thing or two to keep him quiet.....BUT, my blog readers (all two of you) ANY suggestions you have about how to keep a very very very very very very very active and busy 18 month old busy on a plane....let me have them!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Brooke- I wanted to post a comment so you would know you have more than 2 readers. Sorry when I don't post I always love reading what you write. I feel like I get to know you even though we hardly ever see each other. The only thing that I've heard is a life saver is one of those portable DVD players. Maybe you could borrow one?

Taylor said...

Hey Brooke- I have a portable DVD player if you want to borrow it! I have flown a lot with 2 kids and I tried a new small toy every hour or so, snacks, books, crayons, coloring books, I have to say the DVD player is the favorite.

Sherrie Burton
sherrieburton@yahoo.com

Cassie said...

Does he like "lift the flap" books? Target has a few in there $1 section right now. Good luck! I know I'm already stocking up on new little things for our trip next month.

Alison said...

Yes, the portable DVD has been worth it's weight in gold for my kids. Active little guys aren't always content with that form of entertainment though. Bring all his Maisy books of course. And say a prayer and hope he naps!

Alison said...

hehe...good luck and I'll pray for you is all I can offer :) At least it's only to Philadelphia and not Arizona. I suggest..benadryl. :) Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Jace LOVES to watch videos of himself. On one plane trip, I was lucky enough to have brought my laptop and when he started to freak out, I turned it on and showed him all the litte vid clips of himself. It kept him much more entertained than an actual show at his age.

Adriane said...

I love that picture, it's cracking me up!! I wish I had a suggestion for you, but the girls have yet to be in an airplane... Gum and Candy work for Sade in just about any situation though ;)

ALYN said...

You know there's a reason they make those big onsies and overalls for kids of a certain age who want to take off their diapers when they shouldn't!

Then they get ready to potty train, and you switch their whole wardrobe over to t-shirts and easy to pull down shorts!

I have no idea what to suggest for the flight. We sometimes wrap up little dollar store type presents, and then they can open 1 present every 30 minutes or hour. Does he like the magic, no mess markers? I think the worst age to fly with a kid is when they learn to walk and all they want to do is run up and down the aisles! Stickers! Candy. Sippy cups...

We'll pray for you!

Mike and Adrianne said...

My mother-in-law said onsies worked for her too. I thought about doing that for Isaac but then he stopped putting his hands down his poopy diapers. Good luck on the plane. You are brave!

Anonymous said...

sweety, sweety, sweety, I believe this is number 10, and I believe I'm your number one fan, and you have 4 sisters one mother inlaw and need I go on? 2 readers yea right!!!! Love Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to AZ on Friday??? You guys have to come visit us! We are blessing Tatum on Sunday-that would be great if you could come for that :-)

Good luck on the flight! Bring lots of snacks and a movie?