Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A He who is 3!!!

It is truly blowing my mind that my Scotty boy is 3 years old.

As I hold and tend to Henry and I see Scott speaking in full sentences and jumping off the trampoline and eating whole apples I just think "wasn't he JUST this big??"

His birthday fell on Sunday- and since he's not old enough to ask for a day of fun on another day yet- we just had a lovely day at home.  Decorations, presents, cake and spaghetti.

Scott really does have the cutest personality.  I know I'm his mother and all- but really- he is just precious.  He is so observant of everything.  He is sharp as a tack and boy does he think he is big!  He wants to do everything Andrew and Emma do.  He spends his days popping whatever boots he can find on his feet and scurrying to keep up with those big kids.  He is a lover of anything electronic and we are sometimes surprised at what he is able to do.  I will admit that there was a time when I would silently judge people who's 3 year olds were playing Mario.....but now mine is and he's actually really good at it! (and for many reasons- Im sorry ive ever judged anyone!!) I've seen him beat more than one level boss in the game.  Pretty impressive!  Scotty has recently discovered the game Memory and he is in LOVE.  We play Mario Memory or Superhero Memory at least 5 (more like 10 most days) times.  He can be persuaded to play another game sometimes- but Memory is by far his favorite.  His memory is either very impressive or mine is very very sad.  It's probably a little of both at the moment since I'm dealing with the amount of sleep allowed to prisoners of war.  Anyone who will play Hide-and-seek with him is his best friend and when he wears his Superman pajamas he loves for Daddy to hum-dum-dum the Superman music and fly him around the house!  He is full of little quips that are too old for him like "what in the world" and "you are the meanest!"  He is quick with a sweet "I'm sorry" when he's in trouble and he loves to say "yes ma'am" when I ask him to do something (although there is the occasional NO as well-he's 3!)
Scotty has become a sweet big brother and I'm sure Henry will have so much fun with he and Andrew as he grows.  Andrew could very well make Scotty into his own little minion as he thinks whatever his brother does is absolutely the best, funniest, silliest, whatever.  They laugh for hours about the most ridiculous things! 

While Scott is certainly our most death defying child and I've had the most near heart attacks because of him- I cannot imagine our family without him.  He is rocks, and snails and puppy dog tails and we all just love him to bits!




1 comment:

ALYN said...

He looks darling! I think he and Lily would have too much fun together!