Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Emma-isms

This kid.

She has some great things to say.  She makes me laugh- and scratch my head at the same time wondering "where did she come from?"

Mike was giving her directions to get ready for bed.  She was playing the Wii.

Mike:  Emma turn that off after this level.

Emma:  various complaints about Andrew playing longer, blah blah blah

Mike:  Emma, it's time to get ready for bed so turn it off after this level.

As Mike is ready to leave the room he says to her:  So we are in agreement you're turning it off, right?

Emma:  I didn't agree to that- so we're not in an agreement.

Oh, snap!

Nothing to do with the post....except that it is of Emma.




The other day Emma was lamenting to me that when she is in tap dance class she has a hard time hearing the music over everyone's dance shoes and therefore has a hard time with the dance steps.  I encouraged her to just keep trying.

She then says "if only I were a bat."

What?  I asked

She said, "well bats have an excellent sense of hearing- they can hear sounds they need to around them by the way sound bounces off of things- it's called echolocation."

I just looked at her, clearly puzzled (trying to remember if we had read something about bats!"

She says with a nod- "we learned about Bats in science club."


Then on Andrew's birthday he was getting ready for our friends to come over- and Emma said to him "why are you being so coy?" 

I have NEVER heard a 7 year old use coy before- and correctly!  



No comments: