We had a FUN visit from Grandma in January! This was a surprise for the kids- I only told them when I was putting them to bed that I was going to pick her up and she would be here in the morning. They were excited! I couldn't tell them before that because her visit was a surprise for Hillary as well and I wasn't sure they could be trusted with that information. Emma stayed up to see her until I got home from the airport (after 10 p.m.)! Andrew was thrilled to see her in the morning. Hillary was VERY surprised to see her and gave us a great video memory of the event! Scotty of course wasn't too impressed but warmed up to her quickly. I even left him here with her when we went to school on Tuesday and he had a great time- and didn't care one bit. He is getting to a fun age where he remembers people and he now looks in his photo album and can identify all four of his grandparents. It's very sweet.
We had quite a little snow storm while my mom was here- about 5 inches of snow but of course that much sends this area into chaos and the roads really iced over very quickly. We cooked together, saw Hillary's play, laughed and watched movies and even got to go to a museum. It was too fast a visit and of course it made me wish my Mom lived right down the street so my kids could see her anytime they wanted (and really so Scott could spend EVERY Tuesday with her!). We can't wait for her to come back!
 |
| Happy kids, happy grandma. |
 |
| Scott and Andrew in "the tunnel" which is a big tree log tunnel- if I could get one of these in my backyard I would! |
 |
| Emma nad Grandma taking in some of the learning bits at the museum. |
 |
| Oh, Andrew....we all had a great time! |
1 comment:
I'm sure she was so glad she got to come! Mom's are the best! You are looking so skinny Brooke!
Post a Comment