Saturday, October 6, 2012

18! (Months that is)

My baby is not only 1, but he is 1 AND A HALF!

Forgive me while I try to locate the last 18 months.

Seriously- time flies.  Now I know why while I was growing up all the "old" people said that all the time- because it's true!

This picture of Scotty is the PERFECT 18 month old picture.  It says so much about him!

1. He has yogurt all over him because he HAS to do it himself.
2. He eats yogurt 3 times a day easy.  He would eat it 10 times a day if I let him.
3. He always says "cheese" when he sees the camera.
4. He has the sweetest blue eyes and light blonde hair.  People ask me ALL the time how I (brown hair) got three blonde children.  I just want to wear a shirt that says "I was blonde as a child!"

There are other things to say about him that this picture doesn't tell.....and since this is all about Scotty- I will tell them.

Height: No idea.....shortest one in our family
Weight: 21 lbs Of course he is our "biggest" baby but actually kind of a small guy.....who knew.  20th percentile for weight.
Shoe size: 5

Words:  Way too many to name them all!  He talks basically all day long.  Sadly we are at the stage in life where only I can understand about 95% of what he is saying so I am usually around him even if it just to play interpreter.
BUT- some of my favorites:

"sure"
"ko-ku?" Which is what he says when he is looking for the remote to our Roku box because he wants to watch a T.V. show.
"buku buka" which is what he calls his bottles.  So funny.
"cuh-key" who doesn't want a cookie at 6:30 a.m.?
''go-gur" or yogurt at 6:35?
"a tu-tur" When he wants to ride his scooter.....which he doesn't really get how to do but he does always ask.
"a by" However, riding his bike he DOES know how to do- and he LOVES to ride his bike!
"A fah-fah" which is how he says prayer.....which I'm guessing comes from the beginning of the actual prayer.  Either way it's sweet as pie and I love seeing him figure out how to say all the things he wants to say!

Favorite things to do:

Read books
Have his books read to him
Go "ah-syde" and play
Go to the park
Play "mar-mo" with anyone who is playing the wii
Watch T.V. (Barney, Pocoyo, Maisy and Blue's Clues and Mickey Mouse are his favorites)
Play with any electronic device he can get his hands on (our dsi, kindles, phones and cameras have to stay hidden from him or he will use them)
Drive cars (loudly) up and down the hall with his brother
Press the power button on my computer and run away
Set up toys in Emma's dollhouse
Take whatever Emma has set up in her dollhouse out
Color
Eat crayons
Eat erasers off pencils
Disassemble my mechanical pencils
Take Baths
Rinse his hands in the toilet
Brush his teeth
Snuggle with his "bibee" (which is how he says billy....which means blanket.  We run a very complex household)
Follow me around and cry  Ok, that's probably not his favorite but if he isn't doing one of the above things or depending on his mood if I am not doing one of those things with him- then this is the go-to activity.


Favorite foods:
Yogurt
Black beans, actually any beans
Cereal
"Smoo" which are those pureed fruits in pouches.  We LOVE smoo!
Rice and beans
Eggs
Meat (so far he loves all meat)
Waffles

He is definitely my weirdest eater!  He doesn't like bread, pasta or cheese!  Who doesn't like cheese?!?!?
My other two could literally survive on bread products and pasta alone.

His amazing toddler behaviors:
(Aside from those awesome things listed above like dipping his hands in the toilet, eating erasers and disassembling my mechanical pencils)
-He was STILL waking up in the middle of the night for a bottle and I. was. so. tired. so I had to put a stop to it.  I started going in to him with just a cup of water.  To say he was furious would be like saying the ocean is big.  It wasn't pretty.  The first two nights I wanted to die.  Mike even shouted in desperation "just give him the milk!" at 2 a.m. after he had been screaming for 45 minutes.  BUT, we all survived.  Sometimes he still wakes up but after a quick hug he goes right back to sleep.  Life is much better.  He does still drink a bottle at bedtime and he loves his bottle WAY more than my first 2 did.....I should really take that away......eventually.
-If he is done eating or doesn't like something you've set on his tray he just starts throwing the food on the floor.
-He always knows WHICH cup he wants a drink out of.  Such a particular little thing.
-He is so in love with his blankets!  He has one with him or at least 2 feet away from him every moment of the day. It's a good thing we have 7 of them- he loves them all and at any given moment 4 of them are in the laundry because he ALWAYS has one with him.
-He STAYED in the nursery on Sunday!  Of course, he was pretty sad and didn't do anything but sit on the teacher's lap- but he did it!






No comments: