Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stuff They Say

These kids- they come up with things every day that make me laugh....and sometimes wonder what in the world I am doing wrong.

One day I called the kids to the table at 12 noon for school work (they had been up since about 6:30 PLAYING in the playroom except for a 20 minute break to eat and dress)  As they are stomping down the stairs they say "we NEVER have any time to play"

I said : Ohhhhhhhhh brrrroooottther!  Get to the table.




One day we stayed at the park a liiiitttle too long for Scott and he was D-O-N-E.  He wanted nap time 30 minutes earlier.  So- he was screaming and crying and screaming some more.  We only live about 10 minutes from where we were but apparently the screaming was too much for Emma and she shouted "I'm so sick of putting up with you, Scott!"

Yikes!  OK, guess we've got some work to do on that whole compassion thing.....



Emma fell backwards off the surfboard and hit her bottom pretty hard on the ground.  About10 minutes later she said to me  "well I really think I broke my pelvis when I fell."

I didn't even know she knew the word pelvis.  I assured her her TAILBONE would be fine.

This morning Mike was picking out the kids church clothes and picked a dress for Emma.  I said to him "don't waste your time.  She is just going to come in here and say it's not 'Emma-ish' and refuse to wear it.  He said he would give it a shot anyway.  3 minutes later the kids came to get dressed.  Emma looked at the dress, clapped her hands and said "Mom, that blue dress with white polka dots?  No way.  NOT Emma-ish."

Mike laughed pretty hard.....but geeze it's getting harder and harder to find Emma-ish clothes.  Who told these kids they could make their own opinions?



Andrew is crazy about all things Mario.  He has been telling me pretty detailed stories about what life would be like if he lived in Mario's world.  EVERY TIME he says "enemy" it comes out "EM EN EE" and it is SO cute!  I can't even correct him it's so funny.

Andrew in our family prayer the other night "and please bless Mommy will never forget to give us our vitamins" (I never do! BUT, I guess he wanted extra vitamin protection)

A couple of weeks ago I made a command decision that our kids couldn't eat anymore "fake" syrup (stuff made with high fructose corn syrup- it's the latest food to be banned from their lives)  Mike looked at me and said (so the kids couldn't hear)  "I'm glad you're not my Mom.  I'm still eating it."   Well a couple of days ago I was out of maple syrup and I told the kids "I don't have any maple syrup so you'll have to use Daddy's syrup today"  Their reply?  Shouting and cheering "Hooray, we get to eat high fructose corn syrup!."

It's the little things I guess.






1 comment:

{kim} said...

Haha, all of those were hilarious. I could read about the funny things that kids say all day long. Keep 'em coming!