We don't have very many pictures from June and I realize we really aren't doing anything spectacular these days. We're caught in a normal spin of life and rarely do moments arise when I think "oh, let me get my camera!" I guess I should think like that more often because obviously all this normal is what I want to look back and remember.
The kids these days have a good school rhythm going. When Scott takes a nap we get all of our school work done. It works for us because at this point in Scott's life he is SUCH a menace while he is awake and so far the kids have been able to get all their work done in the hours he sleeps so we are running with this system for now. Last week on Friday I was literally excited to get some cleaning done while Scott was napping. The kids had finished their work for the week and I was just itching to clean my room and tackle the laundry monster free of my trouble making tot. Well wouldn't you know Scott slept for 5 minutes on Friday??!!!?? I was so sad I almost cried. I felt like a Family Circus cartoon "I just want.....to clean.....alone..." Oh well. Scott made a mess in every other room of the house while I folded and put laundry away. Such is life these days. Scotty walks from room to room wrecking whatever he can sink his chubby little fingers into and then moving on. It is a full time job following him around picking up whatever he chooses to move, drop, open, spill or play with. I know it is just a phase and before I know it he will be upstairs with the kids (which right now they never allow because he always "ruins their area") but for now I spend a good portion of the day picking up magnets off the kitchen floor and wondering why there are socks in my office drawers.
We have two kitties we are taking care of for the SPCA. They are too young to adopt out (they have to be a certain age/weight to be fixed before they can be adopted). SO we are doing some good in the world and taking care of kitties. The kids know it's temporary and Mike grudgingly agreed (although in the evenings he can be found snuggling a kitty or two). Their names are Katy and Pickle (the kids named them) and they are really sweet and fun. The kids have loved having them and it feels good to help out but not have the sole responsibility of having a pet (or two!) It's a perfect job for us right now!
 |
| Andrew and Katy kitty. |
Mike spent every day for a little over 2 weeks (minus Sundays) building a swing set in the back yard for the kids. He is not a builder and I am SO impressed with the work he did! This was a BIG job and boy did his love for his kids shine through. He came home from work everyday and some days he didn't even change out of his flight suit before he got to work. Only one hot day after s;pending all day in the sun did he come to a frustrating spot he couldn't quite figure out. I had tried to help but the solution was not apparent. He almost took a pick axe to the whole thing but instead went for a run and took a day off. The next time he went to work on it he saw the problem and fixed it right up. I probably spent a total of 2 hours holding wood for him and the other 30-40 hours of building were all him. The kids, no surprise, are thrilled.
 |
| Progress shot. |
 |
| He was climbing up using just the rope before Mike added the "rocks." Strong little turkey this one. |
 |
| Mike testing out the surf board. |
 |
| Scotty going UP the slide. It will be before the summer is over that he makes it all the way up. |
 |
| LOVES the tunnel. |
I can't believe I didn't take a shot of the whole thing....oh well. It's amazing and Mike did a GREAT job building it. If no one loses any teeth from walking in front of the surf board we will call it the most successful summer ever!
Here's a "story" Emma wrote for Andrew. It was so precious. It is about a brother and sister who get in a fight and hit each other but then "they choose the right and compromise and have fun together." Seriously- award winning stuff here.
We've spent lots of time meeting friends at the park and the other day we met some Grace Academy friends there. I loved the moment many of the kids were gathered around a click beetle waiting to hear him click! I love how this picture shows Emma a very safe distance away from the click beetle. And Andrew? Yeah right. Like he has time to stop and listen to a beetle. The boy has monkey bars to climb.
A couple more random shots from the last couple of weeks:
 |
I don't care what anyone says- it is totally genius that he can make a tower this tall at 14 months old. Must be all that "Blue's Clues" I let him watch.....
|
 |
Speaking of Blue's Clues- here's how he watches it....hard knock life right?
|
1 comment:
Just got caught up with your blog and I CANT FREAKING WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS! Love you:)
Post a Comment