Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Snakes and skinks and gators, oh my!

We had a great reptile show at Grace Academy a few weeks back.  The kids learned lots of great things about reptiles and everyone who wanted to hold a snake had a turn!

A few things the kids learned:
ALL snakes can swim (yikes!)
Snakes can bite and inject venom even AFTER they die! (double yikes!)
It is illegal in Virginia to have a pet alligator (phew!)

Andrew and his buddy Nate.  They have lots of fun together.

Emma and her sweet friend Hope.  It's ALL about Hope!

It's a little blurry but I love that Emma has a smile on her face.  She was REALLY nervous to hold the snake.  BUT- she did it!  I've never even held one....and I didn't take my chance that day....that's ok.

Proud to do anything that looks dangerous.  

Petting the alligator baby


1 comment:

Robin Conner said...

That. Is. SICK!!! lol!