Friday, April 6, 2012

ONE





I recently heard this song and thought about Scott. These aren't all the lyrics to the song- and it's from the Rent soundtrack.


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love? Measure in love

Seasons of love. Seasons of love


Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes!
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Journeys to plan.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?

I can add- or a baby to that. The first year of life is just absolutely INCREDIBLE!

One year we've had this baby boy and he has brought SO MUCH joy into our family. He is a ball of fun and sweetness and we just love him to pieces.

Sweet little face- one day old.

Of course since this is where we keep all of our family records I have to say a bit about my boy at one year old.

-He weighs an even 20lbs! This is (of course) our biggest baby.
-He wears size 4 shoes which our older two didn't do until abound 18 months old.
-He isn't walking on his own yet. He LOVES when we hold his hands and walk with him but if he needs to get somewhere fast- he drops to his knees and crawls.
-He is a FAST crawler
-He will climb on anything that will hold still.
-He can go up and down the stairs all by himself. (no we don't let him)
-He will not eat baby food from a spoon. He will eat it from the little packets (he sucks it out himself). He has decided he is much too old to be fed.
-He is SUCH a messy eater. I swear this kid makes the mess of 4 children.
-When he is done eating he will throw all the food left on his tray on the floor.
-He does say quite a few things:
"Bye bye" (complete with wave)
"Hi Dada"
"Bru-bru" (brother)
"Emma"
"Mama" (by the way he said all those things BEFORE Mama!)
"Ah did it!" (I did it!)
"upa upa" (which he says for both up and bite)

-He LOVES to wrestle and play with his brother. Unfortunately for the big kids he also loves to be in the middle of whatever they are playing. The big kids are learning to keep things up and away from him.

-He STILL does not sleep through the night. It drives me insane. BUT, not insane enough to let him cry at night. I've gotten soft in my old age and I just can't abandon him in his bed for 12 hours. I'm sure it will come..... eventually. He gets up once.....sometimes twice.

-(And, because I'm sure everyone wants to know) we made it 10 months of all breast milk. I was pretty proud. AND, after only 8 weeks of buying formula I'm SO happy to have not done that very long. That stuff is expensive. I don't know why the cost didn't bother me so much with my first two! Geeze!

-He still sleeps in his pack n play. He is happy.

We were in Charleston for Scott's birthday and it was SO wonderful to have a house full of family! I made him a monkey cake. It was my first "interesting" cake and I thought it turned out pretty cute. I'm also pretty sure I couldn't do anything more complicated than this.

He couldn't have been less interested in the cake. We couldn't even get him to take a single bite. Oh well. It was gone 12 hours later. Everyone else loved it.


Now we have a one year old!







2 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Awwww Cute little Scottie turns 1!!!! He is ADORABLE!!!

This Bliss said...

Can you believe this baby boy is one? Can you believe it's been a year since you brought that handsome boy home from the hospital? I love Scotty to pieces and I love the little boy he's turning into.