Thursday, December 22, 2011

A couple great December events!

December 4th Mike and I celebrated 12 years since we met.  12 years!  We've had so much fun and I'm really grateful for our time together.

 Mike really is a rock star helicopter pilot.  He plays himself down (as any good humble man does).  BUT he recently got a GREAT job that will keep us in Virginia Beach for 3 more years (after April) which means the Greenstreets are here until at LEAST 2015!  We're excited because our kids love it here, and there really is so much to do.  We are a days drive to so many places and people we love and we've really enjoyed our friends here.


In case you're wondering about the job Mike got.  He will be an instructor pilot at the FRS (fleet replacement squadron).  This is the squadron newly winged pilots check into and train for 6 months to fly the SH-60 (the helicopter Mike flies).  This is a real honor since only the best of the best pilots are chosen as instructors.

Another exciting December even was Mike turning 31!  Now he has caught up to me and he can see that 31 definitely feels differently than 30.  It's not like "oh I'm 30."  It's like "I'm IN my 30's."  Feels different.  He worked all day (of course) but we started his day with some presents and the kids gave Mike a new Mario game to play and I gave him some GREAT new clothes.  We ended his day with some yellow cake and chocolate frosting (of course!)

2 comments:

lynnissa said...

LOVE the spikes! your lil guy is getting big and looks adorable.

jjediehl said...

Happy Late Birthday Mike. We share a birthday so there's another reason you're terrific. Congratulations on the new job. Love, Aunt Jere