(forgive the very rough look of Mama in this picture but some days a shower is as good as it gets. I love how Scott is reaching for Emma's hair- he is DYING to get his hands on her hair.)
Emma isn't usually the one cracking me up but I've had this running list of her little funny things for a while and if I don't record them I am SURE they will be lost forever.
-One day Andrew was eating a yoplait for kids yogurt with Dora on the container. We call these "Dora yogurts" (very creative, I know). Andrew said to Emma "do you want to have a Dora yogurt?" Emma is taken aback and says "ewww, yogurt with Dora in it? No thank you!"
- The kids have been watching Rainbow Brite on Netflix and they are loving it! Emma has been selling her old toys and collecting the money to buy new toys (Calico Critter toys or American Girl ones, she changes her mind daily). Well, she asked me if she could go to the Exchange and use her money for Rainbow Brite dolls. She asked "can we go now now now?" I was encouraging her to wait. Maybe she should put the toys on her wish list for her birthday. (I didn't want her to use her money on something she might no care about in 2 weeks). She thought her birthday was "WAY TOO FAR" away to wait. I then had my own little moment when I explained how it's good to wait for things, can't have everything you want, how special things are we wait for- I even told her about how after she was born I had to wait 8 weeks to bring her home with me and how special that was. She looked at me and said "yes, but a Rainbow Brite is much too special to wait for so can we go now?" Nice. (For the record: we did not go get the doll)
-Emma was watching me get a spaghetti squash ready to bake and I asked her if she was going to try some at dinner and she said "oh, I don't really like squash. It just tastes like lemons all baked up and I don't like cooked lemons." Okaaaaaayyyy.
-We were talking about which foods were fruits and which were vegetables and she asked me about strawberries. I said it was a berry, but also a kind of fruit. I was telling her how you can tell what a berry is because it says it in its name rasBERRY, straBERRY, so forth. She named a few and then I named some more and I said "boysenberry" She stopped quickly and said "boysenberry?! What is that? A berry with a boy in it?" Oh Emma.
-We made pumpkin muffins and Emma was hesitant to taste the dough and when I asked why she said "it looks like the muffins got all wet in a swamp and I don't think that would taste very good."
Emma is dressing up like Princess Peach for Halloween She is so very excited. She has been growing her hair long since about June for the occasion. She told me after Halloween when she is done being Peach she will want to get a haircut up to her ears. I love how serious she is about her Peach costume!
1 comment:
This girl is seriously gifted. You're tellin me that her hair has grown this much in the last year??? She got the hair growing gene i guess.
Also, i think scott should either be yoshi or toad for halloween.
Post a Comment