Friday, September 23, 2011

First Soccer Game

Emma had her first soccer game of the season on a cool RAINY morning.  I REALLY thought the game would be cancelled but because our little lady is not so fond of last minute changes in plans we got ready for the game and drove down to the field just to "check it out."  She said if no one was there she would agree the game had been cancelled and be fine but she wanted to check.  It was about 59 degrees outside, maybe 60.  There was a slow steady drizzle falling.  because I was SURE there would be no game I wore my sweats and a t-shirt and didn't bother to bring a camera or a jacket for Emma......

Well, play they did. 



Apparently our home school sports league is not for the weary or faint of playing heart.  Unless there is lightning/thunder or a muddy field- we play.

Emma was freezing before the game but was fine once she started to run around.  Mike was concerned I would be cold so he brought me a jacket (from home- he stayed home with the boys) but he forgot a jacket for Emma (oops).  SO Saturday was our best Mom and Dad day ever.  Even though the only pictures I have of the first game are on my phone and Emma is wearing on of her Father's coats (they don't use their hands anyway) she said it was "the best morning ever." 

Ok.  I guess that's all that matters.

FREEZING before the game starts.....wow her parents are AWESOME.

Things were MUCH better after she started running around- although she couldn't believe they were playing in the rain! 


I don't know if you can see the look on her face- but she just ran around the field with GLEE I tell you.  She even got to play goalie and when she stopped a goal she threw it out to her team mates and jumped and cheered and said "I did it, Mom!  I stopped a goal!" 

No comments: