Monday, August 8, 2011

4 Months!!!!!!

Oh man....or oh baby!  This boy just won't stop growing up so fast.  Despite my DAILY pleas to him to STOP GROWING UP SO FAST.......he does.  He smiles and keeps on growing.

He is just under 14 lbs which to us is HUGE but the growth chart says he is only in the 15th percentile.  He is now 3 lbs bigger than Andrew was at a year old (yes, you read that right Andrew weighed 11 lbs at 1 year old).  He is now into his 3-6 month clothes although we're still stuffing him in our favorite 0-3 month onesies.

Everyday Scott smiles more.  He loves to watch Emma and Andrew do whatever they're doing.  He LOVES to smile at Emma.  I feel badly sometimes he doesn't look at Andrew quite as lovingly but truthfully- Andrew is a liiiitttle to aggressive with him and probably Scott isn't always happy to see him coming.  I'm really over the whole "too rough" thing and I'm really hoping it ends.  Soon.

Scott can roll from his belly to his back and is working really hard to roll from his back to his belly.  Whenever I see him trying I tell him to stop trying to grow up so fast.  No one wants to see any baby tricks.  He just smiles at me and thinks I'm funny.

He LOVES to stand.  Loves it.  He loves his exersaucer.  He loves to be talked to and has a LOT to say.

Last night was the first night in his life he only woke up one time!  I know since I just typed that he'll be up 5 times tonight....but I'm still celebrating last night so I don't mind.

He isn't a fan of being fed by anyone but me.  If anyone but me tries to give him a bottle he will gag and cry like they are giving him salt water or drano or something.  Mike can usually coax him into drinking but for anyone else he puts up quite a fight. 

He is still sleeping in his pack n play.  He is happy......so we're not messing with it.

His naps are anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours.  He hasn't really developed a rhythm of when he likes to take long naps.  I'm sure it's mostly our fault.  Poor third baby just gets drug all over God's green earth with no one respecting his nap times. 

We took the head rest out of his car seat and he is happy to have more head room and cries far less in the car than he used to.

He will NOT smile with the camera in his face.  Hold up the camera and his face goes blank.  I can sometimes trick him with my phone.....but I still can't capture his whole face grin. 

He finally enjoys the Baby Bjorn because he can look around and see what's going on.  His brother and sister think he is HILARIOUS when I wear him in the Bjorn and when we are out running errands I have one bouncing baby and two hysterically laughing children saying "Baby Bjorn" over and over and over and over again.  Oh my.


I truly cannot believe it's been 4 months we've had this boy.  And, on the other hand I can't believe it's been only four months we've had him.  We just love him to pieces. 

3 comments:

Rae Greenstreet said...

That is one precious baby boy!

Kori said...

What a handsome boy! Glad you are enjoying him.

Tonia said...

It sounds like you are all doing well and that Scott is a wonderful addition to your family. I'm glad to hear he's such a good baby and that the kids are loving him so much. I always figured that the roughness from the siblings would just make the baby that much stronger :)