Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Scotty at 2 Months!


Holy smokes....2 months already?!?!?

Scott weighed in a VERY hefty 10 lbs 14 oz and at 22 1/2 inches long. Okay, I guess it's actually not THAT hefty since both of those stats are only in the 25th percentile....but we have a baby who is actually ON the growth chart and it's not being adjusted for "actual age." It's all very exciting.

He has a gnarly case of baby acne. Our buddy Easton asked me how he got the owies all over his face. This is our first case of baby acne, so I have no idea how long it lasts....oh well. He's amazingly cute anyway!

Other than that- he's perfect. He smiles- but not at everyone and he doesn't just dole them out. In general he's very serious and has been known to have a crunched brow. He still HATES to be set down and left. He is starting to be a little more tolerant of lying down if you leave him on the floor where he can watch his brother or sister play (of course there's a whole other set of issues with leaving him where either of them can get to him....).

He LOVES his sling. I love it- it folds up to NOTHIN and is a cinch for me to wear.

He sleeps....sometimes. Naps during the day can be awesome and 3 hours long one day and 20 minutes long the next day. He is impossible to predict sleep with at this point. At night he has one long stretch of sleep....usually his first stretch that is 4-5 hours long (ONCE it was 5 1/2) and after that he is up every 2-3 hours.

He likes to be wrapped up REALLY warm when he's falling asleep. Once he's asleep you can lose the winter weight wool blankets.

He is still a LOUD sleeper/mover/eater. I think he's going to have a lot to say.

His favorite thing to do when he's awake, aside from being carried around by me is to be held on your lap so he can practice his standing. He's very strong!

We just love him! He gives Daddy big smiles whenever he asks for one and has started to smile at Emma and Andrew more often. It's sweet that he knows them.

He still loves a bath. It's his favorite.

He's getting a liiiiitttle better in the car. But, if the car stops moving- watch out 'cause the screams are comin'.

And, since I've taken about 150 pictures of this child's face this week....here are some of the many faces of Scotty-too-hottie:












5 comments:

Erin said...

He definitely has some chubs! All that pumping and feeding are paying off! Any luck in the nursing department or should I not even ask? I am so excited he's growing so well and he does have such a cute little face!

ALYN said...

So fun to capture some of those baby facial expressions! Lily's got this lower lip droop thing when she's about to start bawling that I really want to capture on camera...

{kim} said...

Baby acne sucks! I would wash their face with water in the morning and night and it seemed to help. Good luck! He looks so sweet!

Shantommy said...

He makes the funniest little expressions! lol! He is soooo cute!

Tonia said...

Those are some great expressions! It looks like he has tons of personality. And you can't tell he has baby acne in any of the pictures, he is just adorable!!!