As usual Andrew has good things to say. I have been writing them down and I'm sure I've missed a couple.
One Saturday I took the big kids with me to BJ's while Scott stayed home with Daddy. A lady at BJ's engaged the kids in conversation and asked Andrew if Emma was his sister he said "yes and I have a baby brother at home, his name is Scott." The lady then asked how old Scott was and he said "oh, he is just zero."
Andrew likes to be big and one day when it was his turn to say the prayer instead of using one of our typical prayer starters of "Our kind and gracious Heavenly Father" Andrew said "our goodness gracious Heavenly Father." So cute!
One afternoon after some absolutely foul behavior from Andrew he was asked "do you think your behavior was good?" He very matter-of-factly answered "No. I think it was ridiculous." Nice.
One day when I didn't let Andrew walk to the mailbox with me 'cause he wasn't dressed (big surprise) he decided to stand at the door and yell for me, which I totally ignored. When I got back to the house he was just so frustrated by being ignored he squealed "Dangit, Mommy!" Not exactly good but funny....at least in writing.
Andrew has become quite a pro on his balance bike. It wasn't fun for him at first but now he's got the hang of it and he really can boogie himself up and down the sidewalk. It's awesome! He will be riding a two wheeler in less than a year (if his parents ever get it together and buy him a big boy bike with pedals....)
I'm not sure if it will stick or not but Andrew has been calling Scott "Skeetie" for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure why, but every time he sees him "Hi Skeetie" followed by too many kisses or a tug of some body part that is just a liiittle too rough. It's hard to be the baby brother.
2 comments:
So fun to hear Andrew's stories, that kid if funny.
So funny, Brooke! We call bad behavior "ridiculous" over here too and the term has come back to haunt us.
Post a Comment