Both the kids had their hearts desire answered Christmas morning. In the past I felt like we have gotten them gifts they didn't care about later....this year I felt like we (and Santa) did a GREAT job. The kids loved everything and are playing with it all still. You have to really think about what to get them when you have to lug it across the ocean!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Christmas
We knew we were going to miss our home at Christmas- big tree, fun decorations, the lights, the traditions, the smells of yummy cookies and foods, friends and our piano that plays the Christmas music. BUT, we decided to take ALL the kids presents with us to Italy....'cause even though our tree was pathetic the loot underneath didn't have to be. the kids and I made a bunch of decorations and I thought we did a pretty good job of keeping the Christmas spirit alive- even in a little hotel room. Emma made a list of songs we should sing around the Christmas tree, which we did. We read the story of Christmas from the Bible, and before bed the old fabulous tale of 'Twas the night before Christmas. I know our kids really did have visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. It is nothing short of magical to see Christmas morning through your children's eyes. I am so happy we were all together and while I am most grateful for Skype it just couldn't have made it better for us spending Christmas on separate continents. We are so very blessed to have been able to be together and have our kids not miss a Christmas with their Dad. Truly, deeply blessed.






Both the kids had their hearts desire answered Christmas morning. In the past I felt like we have gotten them gifts they didn't care about later....this year I felt like we (and Santa) did a GREAT job. The kids loved everything and are playing with it all still. You have to really think about what to get them when you have to lug it across the ocean!
Both the kids had their hearts desire answered Christmas morning. In the past I felt like we have gotten them gifts they didn't care about later....this year I felt like we (and Santa) did a GREAT job. The kids loved everything and are playing with it all still. You have to really think about what to get them when you have to lug it across the ocean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet. It makes my heart happy that you were together for Christmas!
Post a Comment