The kids didn't come in my room until 7:40! This is NOTHING short of a miracle. I think I have FINALLY come up with a solution to the sleep crimes that go on in this house. The sleep crimes of little children who do NOT stay in their own beds- but rather come into mine and then sleep horizontally on my bed and kick me. Or, they glue their hot little bodies up against me. I do NOT want to be touched while I sleep. Unless you're my husband who tangles his toes up with mine- no touching. I'm asleep- only a few hours a day I can have to just be- and (sorry kids) but the last thing I want is a little body glued up against me. So, anyway- the solution. The kids beds are pushed together into one kid king sized bed. They love it! Emma stayed in her bed! She even told me "when I woke up in the night I just scooted next to my brother." HOORAY!
SO, after I celebrated our 7:40 wake up we got ready for our walk at sprint speed since our friends meet us out front at 8:05! We went to the track, did our walk, played on the bleachers a bit, and walked home.
Shower, primp, leave for story time. The kids ate cheesesticks and cereal for breakfast while I showered.
Last storytime of the session. The kids will miss storytime until it starts up again in January.
We left storytime without any books because yesterday we went to a smaller branch of the library and read books for almost an hour! We collected our library books then so we left right away.
To Target to pick up lunch bags and drinks for Emma's party on Saturday. In fact, I'm coveting one of those Cherry Coke Zeros I bought right now. I try not to drink any caffeine- since it constricts blood vessels- and all my blood vessels need less constriction- not more. I'm trying to have a baby that weighs more than 3 lbs.....
Home from Target- lunch- and the kids made some hand print turkeys. We can't get enough of those darn turkey crafts.
Andrew watched Bob the Builder and Emma played with all her Calico Critter animals while I did some laundry and other chores
Story time- we got such a great supply of library books yesterday we can't pick just a couple. Storytime has been LONG the last couple days. No regrets there.
Rest time- it's mostly a joke now but it gives me at least 20 minutes of quiet that's good. I thought Andrew was asleep today but he was just quietly reading on his bed. He's a good boy. I am putting ALL the toys away for the party on Saturday. The last thing I need is for the house to be strung with toys- they're all going in the closet. Every. Last. One of them.
We rode over to our friends house for some backyard play! They have a power wheels which we want to get for Andrew's 4th birthday in March- but they had SO much fun it's hard to resist 'til then. We played til after it got dark- and then we rode home.
The kids helped me make pancakes and practiced peeling and eating clementines. I'm so glad they share my love of clementines. We're working our way through our first clementine box of the season!
The kids practiced their picture taking skills- I think they both did pretty good!
Good day!
And, now the pictures in no particular order.














3 comments:
Wow, 7:40 is amazing! I hope you were able to get a little extra sleep yourself! I frequently regret our choice to buy bunk beds instead of just a big full or queen size bed for my girls, I think it would solve all of our sleep issues too (well only Bella has sleep issues these days but it would really help hers).
Praying you have a baby much bigger than 3 pounds!!
That sounds like a great day and way to go on getting them to finally sleep in a little later! I'm so happy for you!
really random question- I see that you drink organic milk from wall mart. Is that by choice or force? I can't drink regular milk. I am allergic to something in it, I thought maybe the hormones they give the cows. I tried soy and almond milk, but my choice is by far the organic cows milk.
Post a Comment