Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ice Palace

Saturday we went to the mall to check out an "ice palace" I saw online. The pictures looked fun and it was free. What the pictures didn't tell us is that this ice palace was the pathway to Santa- which you're not allowed to take your own pictures of (lame). SO, we went, we played, we ate, we saw, we sat, we asked, we conquered the ice palace.

My kids have never gone to see a mall Santa before so this was a first for them. I couldn't part with $20 for the Santa photo so my written memory will have to suffice.

Andrew didn't want to sit on his lap, so I went with them. Santa (who was pretty good!) asked what they wanted for Christmas. Andrew told him he wanted some new legos (nice!) Emma told him "I like whatever you bring me." Santa gave them a book and they each thought the ice palace and visit to Santa was pretty magical.

Here are a couple scenes from the weekend- the church shots were from after church and they kids were hungry and toasted so no looking at the camera...or even happy looking children.

The ones from the mall aren't great- but they don't hold still long enough to get a
great shot. Oh well. You get good pics some days and not so much on others.





These are the trees that line our street- isn't this AMAZING?!? Fall is just amazing this year!