Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Night Frolic

I have other things to write about:

Emma's recent fun sayings
Making my own doctors orders
Adventures in single mommy hood
Pregnancy notes

But, THIS post is about our fun Friday. This morning the kids went to bounce on the neighbors trampoline for an hour while I donated blood had some lab work done. I don't even think they knew I was gone- they were about to go bounce when I left them and were still bouncing when I got home. We came home for a bit and Emma played some games at noggin.com. She loves to play Holly Hobbie games and I've learned to UNPLUG the printer when she's playing. I learned that AFTER she printed the recipe for some muffins Holly Hobbie said would be delicious. Luckily it was for applesauce muffins and we did have all the ingredients- so we made them! They were pretty yummy so this time I guess Holly Hobbie was right! After muffin making we had a little lunch and then we were off to The Little Gym! The kids had their first fun afternoon of classes! Andrew had his first gymnastics class and he loved it! Emma had her dance class. I'm a big jerk and forgot my regular camera. I uploaded some pictures from my phone to Facebook for Mike, and if I ever find the cord I'll upload the pictures to here and share.

We came home, Andrew slept for a bit and we got ready to go to a party for a good friend of ours who has recently finished chemotherapy treatment. He was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease in May. He has now been given a "cancer free" bill of health and we're so happy for him! Emma was SO sweet in the car on the way to the party and she said "I bet I know what Rob is thankful for this year on Thanksgiving....that he's not sick anymore!" Andrew was so sweet at the party and hung out with Rob. Rob said "it makes me feel like Mike is here. A really little Mike." The party had a fire pit and a trampoline and lots of amazing food. LOTS of our friends from Chesapeake were there. I missed Mike like CRAZY and spent most of the time rushing around after the kids running between fire and trampoline and dark forest. It was nice to be with friends and celebrate our friends good health!






No comments: