But, despite the lack of pictures we've got lots of random events to report:
We went for a nice walk in the woods and collected 2 buckets of "nature things" to make fall wreaths with. The next day we were making the wreaths and the kids busy gluing and all of a sudden Emma says "is this poop?" To which I quickly reply "of course it's not......oh yes, that is in fact a peice of dried goose poop."
SO gross. I hate geese more than ever.
The other day driving in the car the kids were "doing letters." This is a "game" they've made up where one of them says a letter and the other names words that start with that letter. Well, Emma shouted out "M" and Andrew said "Mommy! Map! and one more good one MERICAN FLAG!"
I said "actually son, American flag starts with a not m.
He says "no, Mom listen MER-I-CAN flag- it's an M."
Today in the car we were listening to a CD of songs that played at our wedding reception and I told the kids "Daddy and I danced to this song after we got married."
Andrew said when he gets married he is going to dance too. Then he said "and I know who I am going to marry."
Emma asked him who
He said "Mommy 'cause I love her the best."
So sweet! Emma tried to explain to him that I was already married and when he grew up he could find his own nice girl to marry but he wouldn't hear of it.
"No EMMA! I only love Mommy."
Poor kid, he has no idea some day he'll meet a nice girl and be mortified to think he was screaming at his sister that he wanted to marry his Mommy. Lucky for him I've written it down here.
We've been doing LOTS of craft projects. I think we've spent more time sitting at the table in the last 3 days than in the last 2 months. Pumpkins, a little schoolwork, wreaths, crazy animals and Emma's new favorite big paper dolls! Andrew can sit at the table for hours- all he needs is a pair of scissors, paper, a couple crayons and a bottle of glue.




I EMPTIED the family room and cleaned the carpets and have since TOTALLY rearranged my furniture! It's been SO fun!
Just in case you're wondering what an empty family room looks like:

Today while I was organizing the toys and chatting with my friend Sherrie and our boys were upstairs playing "so nicely" or so we thought. All of a sudden Sherrie says to me "why are there papers blowing all over your yard? Did your trash can flip over?" I knew exactly why- the boys were upstairs throwing things off my balcony. They'd been at it for a while- since this is the pile that was in the yard.

EVERYTHING in the basket was all over the yard- and yes even the basket had been thrown over the ledge. Andrew was banished from the porch for the rest of the day- and boy was he sad about it. I highly doubt I'll have that mess in the yard again. he loves my little porch way too much to be banished from it for good.

Tonight I went to a little neighborhood party and left the kids with a PAID babysitter. I've left them with trusted friends before but we've never hired and asked someone to come watch them while they were awake before. We've always gone out after they were alseep! They had SO much fun! They both said they had so much fun with Chelsea and asked me if she could come back and play with them again! It was great for them and I got to talk to a bunch of ladies in my neighborhood without kids for 90 minutes!
4 comments:
oh man, andrew is hilarious! i could read about his quotes and misbehavings all day long. Good job staying busy!
Good job on taking a break and getting a babysitter, you deserve it!
He is soooo funny! I love that he wants to marry his mommy and that American flag starts with an "M". I am always suspicious of quite boys. It means mischief!
I got to laughing so hard at the goose poop story I swear there was a tear!
Post a Comment