I was looking back over our pictures from August and I realized that I never wrote about our bust of an activity. I got a great ice skating deal on groupon a couple weeks ago and when Maddie was here we decided it would be so fun to go ice skating. The kids were so excited. Emma talked about it for days and of course Andrew is usually up for any adventure. I knew it would be different and hard for my kids but somehow I saw the skating going just a liiiittttle better than it did. The "walkers" they give you are such a bust! It was WAY too hard for them and I spent the entire hour bent over one of them. Maddie and I took turns taking laps around the rink so it would be a complete disaster. Apparently the ground slipping out from under you isn't fun for kids. I think Emma would have eventually gotten the hang of it- if I had taken just her we may have been more successful. But, her brother was anxiously awaiting his turn. By anxiously I mean sitting on the bench wailing at me to come and get him. Then, when I got him on the ice he was such a spaz and spent the whole time flopping around like a fish saying "I keep moving, I can't do it. No, keep going. No,I can't do it. NO I don't want to miss my turn." Finally I just had to laugh so hard I almost cried at the thought that I had when I thought this might actually be fun.
So, no pictures of the skating, I was too busy holding kids up and making my back sore....but here's one before the hilarity ensued.
Maybe next year. Maybe.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you posted about this because there is an ice skating rink here that I thought I would take my kids to try out. We might wait a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up!
Post a Comment