And, what's a walk to the car without practicing our balance? That would be so....boring.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Swimming along
We've been getting to swimming lessons a couple of minutes early every week so that Emma can play in the kids pool while waiting for her teacher. She LOVES this. She can't wait until the outdoor pool is open so she can play outside too. She's come a LONG way in the last four weeks at swimming lessons. She wouldn't even lay her head back in the water the first week and certainly wouldn't have let her teacher dunk her under the water. The confidence I've seen her gain is the best part of this class. She's no where near actual swimming but she's moving along. The pictures of her swimming with the noodle tied around her are so sweet because I heard her teacher tell her to practice blowing her bubbles- and she did the whole way across the pool and back. She was the last one to finish swimming her lap but she was SO proud of herself for blowing bubbles the whole way. This has been money well spent so far I'd say.
Andrew has quite enjoyed his time while Emma is in swimming. It's only 30 minutes- but he likes to watch, play the Leapster and today he listened to music on my ipod. Andrew has recently fallen in love with the Newsies soundtrack. He watches music videos of the Newsies on You Tube and listens to the songs every chance he gets. it's pretty hilarious. But, I've heard my share of my kids music and I'm all for show tunes. I thought him listening to the music and mouthing the words to his song. This is NOT an exciting video. He clicks his tongue along when there are no words and just music- it's so funny.

And, what's a walk to the car without practicing our balance? That would be so....boring.


And, what's a walk to the car without practicing our balance? That would be so....boring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I wish we could get Ben into swimming lessons. I loved taking them when I was little! I am glad Emma is doing so well!
Post a Comment