Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dream. Come. True.

Emma's been wishing for an American Girl doll since we were in Philadelphia in March and she saw Sylvie's and drooled over the catalog 4000 times. The dolls! the clothes! The pretty hair! Oh the love of an American Girl.

Mike and I saw their price tags and thought-sure, kid. We'll buy you a $100 doll and $28 dollar outfits even though we don't even spend that much on our own clothes....
But, it was sweet to see her flipping through the catalog for hours a day.

Well, wouldn't you know who happened to have an American Girl doll just sitting in her apartment with no one to love her? Aunt Hillary. Wouldn't you know it happened to be the EXACT doll Emma swooned for in the magazine?!? Sylvie's dolls name is Emily and Emily's BFF is Molly so OF COURSE Emma wanted Molly. I didn't tell Emma she was getting Molly from her supre-cool Aunt. She just arrived and oh boy was she surprised. I wish I had recorded her opening the box and then jumping up and down saying "my dream came true! My dream came true! It's Molly! It's Molly! A real American Girl!"

She's in love.

Thanks, Aunt Hillary we're over the moon for you too.



P.S. Aunt Hillary also sent Andrew a little gift of a play-doh pack with number cookie cutters and when he opened it he jumped up and down just like Emma had and said "I love numbers!" So sweet.

7 comments:

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

How sweet!! I can't believe how big Emma has gotten, its crazy!!

I was thinking of getting Adalyn one in the next few years... but I had NO idea they were THAT expensive. Maybe I'll just make sure she never sees one.

Sherrie said...

I love her face in the 1st picture...it's so Emma!

Erin said...

That is SO sweet! I wish you did have a video of both of them, "I love numbers!" Oh man is that cute! I always wanted one of those but never got one- Marti did though. Sometimes it's rough being the 2nd from the youngest- no I was old enough to not be jealous by then- and they are super expensive- but beautiful dolls.

{kim} said...

I had no idea they were that much $. What a great surprise!

Adriane said...

That is seriously the cutest thing ever!

Tonia said...

That is priceless! And Andrew's comment is hillarious! What cute kids!