Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The day the Boy turned 3

I know, I know everyone says it feels like yesterday they were born, but it really really does feel like just yesterday! Today Andrew turned 3! We had a most magical day- as we picked up his cake this afternoon he looked behind him and said "I really like this birthday, Mom."

Daddy called at 6:10 a.m. and sadly Andrew had already been up for about 20 minutes!
Everyone was up and now Andrew knew it was his birthday and we decided to start the day with a little present time!





We let Andrew be the driver of our day and he chose to go to Barnes and Noble and Kangaroo Jacs to bounce so that's what we did! He only took a 10 minute nap in the car today so by the time he went to bed about 30 minutes ago after Young Women's he was pretty toasted but as I put him in bed he said "can I have more of my cake?" So I think his birthday was still on his mind.

We started the day with Andrew's breakfast of choice- letter pancakes- who doesn't love pancakes in the shape of letters?



The kids had a great time bouncing around at Kangaroo Jacs. I had 2 coupons so the admission price was only $3.50- and I liked that!








Andrew loved loved loved his cake. When he picked it up he was hugging and kissing the box-and he sat at the table and stared at the cake until it was time to sing. It was WAY too expensive for what it was- but he just loved it so much I can't regret it.





We asked our friends to come across the street and have some artificial food dye and sugar with us- they all loved it and were dyed all shades of blue and black- ick!

6 comments:

ALYN said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! (And Andy!) (And Leah!) March 3rd must be a good day.

Looks like he could form a Thomas fan club with Spencer and Cai!

The memories from the wedding day were great!

{kim} said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! That cake is awesome!!

jjediehl said...

What a great kid! I feel like I know you even though I don't get to see you very often. Happy late Birthday. Love Aunt Jere

Tonia said...

Wow, he's 3. Weren't we all just in Milton and he was just learning to walk (or run, he never did really walk did he?) Happy birthday Andrew!

That cake really was awesome!

Kori said...

I showed Spencer the Thomas cake and he said, "Buy it!" Glad he had a fun day.

ALYN said...

I'm loving the monkey PJ's!