I bought the kids and I plane tickets to go to Arizona for the 16th of March. I agonized for too long about choosing that date not wanting to miss anything important on this side of the country blah blah blah.
Well, I should spend far less time agonizing over decisions because the more time I spend on making them the more likely they are to be changed.
This is one trip I'm totally not sorry I have to post pone though.
Mike is coming home.
He emailed me with the rumors of their return (literally) the day after I bought the tickets...I thought- well we'll see what happens and I really didn't let myself get too excited because you never know what can happen.
Then the end of February Mike told me they'd off loaded their last patient and were going to be released to come home in the first half of March- I could hardly stand it.
How in the WORLD was I going to do this until July again?
I have no idea.
So, instead of getting ready to go to Arizona the kids and I are driving back to VA tomorrow to get ready for Daddy to come home-
I couldn't be more thrilled about cancelling a trip.
He's leaving again on April 9th for a couple of months so we're going to try and maximize the family fun over the next month.
I just can't wait for this weekend!
Emma said "Oh, I'm so happy Daddy is coming home and we can show him Umi Zoomi- he's never seen it and I just know he's going to love it."
Today at IKEA Andrew told me "we don't need a mom anymore just our dad." Ouch, kid. I guess that's his way of telling me he's pretty excited about his Dad coming home....but geeze use the kid gloves why don't ya?
I'd be more hurt but:
a) he's three
b) he goes to bed at 7:30 and I get to stay up with Mike as long as I darn well please (nah nah nah nah boo boo)
So, sometimes having your plans messed up isn't so bad after all!
3 comments:
That's great news! I love the kids' responses - so priceless!
Is this the surprise?
Yay! So EXCITING! Maybe you can get someone to take a Reunion picture!
I love Emma's sweet way of looking at things - so cute! And I'm sure that Andrew would be devastated if you went away for months, he probably wouldn't know what to do with himself, but ouch nonetheless. I'm so happy he'll be home soon, even if it is just for a short time and then off again. I hope you have a great month!
Post a Comment