Thursday, February 25, 2010

Little tiny moments

We picked up our car from the shop yesterday and I've never been so happy to be driving...I was feeling a little pent up. We mostly hung out at home and unfortunately IN the house since it's been pretty cold. We did brave the chilly weather one morning to go to the park- where we met some really nice kids and all the kids played hide and seek together and it was so cute and sweet. When did my kids get old enough to meet people and play hide and seek?

Huh.

So, anyway- we've taken pictures of "normal" stuff going on around here- and we were out most of the day today and boy did it feel good.

My sister asked me why I haven't posted my black locks- so here you go, Hillary. It's about 3 shades darker than it looks in this picture. It's pretty black- I've learned my lesson about dye from a box- I'll pay the big bucks from now on or live with the grey.
I'm not sure what Andrew's facial expression is saying in this picture, but I love the marker on his face- which is how his face looks ALL the time now except for about 20 minutes after his bath- he can't keep the markers off his face.



Reading together before bedtime


We painted the letters in "Happy Birthday Andrew" which we are going to cut out and hang up- they LOOOOVVEED painting it and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO messy. But, messy is fun....sometimes.


You can see by the look on his face how messy this activity was-


Andrew has been scarcely separated from his write and wipe ABC book these days. He's grown quite fond of tracing his letters and I think he's doing pretty good. I am always astonished how different my kids are. Emma won't go near this activity- Andrew can't get enough of it.


Fun at the park- so happy to be outside




Playing nicely/quietly- it's so magical when this happens.

3 comments:

Kori said...

The black just doesn't look like you Brooke. I'm with you on getting out to of the house. It makes the long days seem shorter somehow.

Alison said...

I think you look great! You are super mom by the way. You always have the best activities for your kids! I can't believe how big they've gotten and that Andrew's birthday is coming up! Where does the time go?!

Pam said...

"They" always say that you should go with the hair color you had as a little kid. I think the dark is just a bit too harsh for you Vampira.