Isn't list making a GREAT way to remember a year?
10 things that inspired me in 2009:
10. The Vaccine Safety Manual I was inspired to know MORE about what I am consenting to when I sign my name to a paper after reading this book.
9. Common Sense This book made me want to know more, read more, do more.
8. This blog. This woman has a second chance at life and it makes me want to not waste the one I've got. Who knows if I would ever get a second chance?
7. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown inspired me to go to D.C. and look around....again.
6. The Harsh Truth About Public Schools made me feel good about the decision to home school our kids. I don't feel the need to defend my decision to home school. It also made me want to live in a town like on Little House on The Prairie and have a town school co op. ((((SIGH))))
5. Food Inc. Do you know what you're feeding your family? I didn't give it as much thought as I should have....but I do now.
4. The Duggars. Say what you will about them but I love the friendship among their children and I think they are setting a great example. The way they love each other inspires me to try harder with the few people around me! Plus, they recently had a very premature baby and I didn't realize how much I appreciate them until I felt how much my heart broke hearing about their 1 lb 6 oz addition. God Bless the Duggars.
3. The Virginia Home Educators Convention I was able to attend in June. I couldn't believe how many people were there! It was like a whole new world opened up to me! I was inspired and encouraged and excited to go back again this year!
2. The Well Trained Mind. I read a LOT of educational philosophy books this year. None of them spoke to me quite like this one did. I felt empowered that I CAN teach my children and that it doesn't have to be an overwhelming experience. I also felt better about chilling out in their early years and just enjoying them.
1. This video. "The more you trust and rely upon the spirit the greater your capacity to create." These words penetrated my soul this year and I have tried to do that. I have watched it many times since I first saw it and love the reminder every time I hear it. It. Is. Fabulous.
2 comments:
There are a lot of things on your list here that I now want to check out. I don't know how you find the time to read and still do everything you do. You're supermom!
Just lately I have become addicted to the Duggars. I love watching that show!
Post a Comment