Thursday, January 21, 2010

Daddy in the news

Mike was on the news in Baltimore last night. The kids got to watch it this morning- boy were they excited! It sure is nice for them to be able to see him when he is so far away. Emma was so sweet and intuitive as the rest of the news video rolled and there were some injured people she said "those people need doctors and daddy has to pick them up with his helicopter."

I think she's getting it as much as a 4 year old can.

Here's the link to Mike in the news


The kids were really excited to see daddy's face! It is nice to wake up to daddy in the news.



They both slept in their clothes last night because they fell asleep on my way to Young Womens and I brought them home and put them to bed in their clothes. If they could start staying awake for some of my YW activities it would be very helpful. Taking a nap during the day would help with that. They don't seem to care about my schedule though. Go figure.

Yesterday Andrew said/did 3 things I want to remember.

First, he drew his first "person." It looks like a frown but as he was drawing he said "and a smile." So....I guess that's a smile.


Second when he wanted to watch a show he said "Mom, can I watch a DIVA-D?" It was funny.

Third during the day at some point I sent Emma to her room telling her that her behavior was "unacceptable."

Andrew looked at me and said "I not un-a-sep-able."

4 comments:

Adriane said...

Aww, that's cool that he was on there, and that the kids could see him. Emma's comment was so sweet - she knows she has a hero daddy! :)

The Perkins said...

You must be so proud! That is so great that he can go help out. How long is he gone for? Josh will be gone for 2 days next week and I am freaking out! You are so brave. The kids look great. I love those little things they say.

Cassie said...

Wow! I love that the kids (and mommy) were able to see him. You can just tell how much he is in his element and loving what he is doing. And the looks on Andrew & Emma's faces are just priceless!

BritCosplay said...

hahaha! I love those three things. He just cracks me up!