My son is hilarious! His eyes are funny. I love that he knows I think he's funny and sometimes does something and looks at me waiting for me to laugh at him. He is a wonderful addition to my life!
These two little people rock! When I think about all the things I could do every day sometimes I lament because I don't get anything "done." Sometimes I want more to show for my lack of sleep and increasing number of grey hairs. Sometimes I want to be more talented and have cupboards filled with fruits I canned or drawers full of clothes I made. Then, I snap a picture and realize I've got two really great kids and they don't care if I can can or sew. Their happy faces in my camera lens were just the reminder I needed that snapping a picture of my kids on our way outside to the park was right where I was supposed to be. Being present in their lives and getting to experience their days with them is an experience second to none. I love these little guys, I love being here with them. I'm so glad am.
I have an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G husband. When I said I wanted the table and chairs painted he said "sure." When I said I wanted to paint the chairs four different colors he agreed. He inhaled a LOT of paint fumes to get this project done for me and it looks awesome. Now, our terrible table and chairs that don't match are FUN. We bought 2 of the chairs almost 4 years ago at Goodwill ($6 or $8 a piece I think) and the table and other two chairs were free. Not too shabby. He did a great job and I love the reminder sitting in the middle of the kitchen that my husband rocks my world (and my kitchen).
9 comments:
I love the mismatched chairs! He did a great job! Andrew is THE cutest kid ever!
Tell Mike he did a great job on the chairs-they look fabulous! You're lucky to be a mom to those cute kids!
Forget canning and sewing...you can take mismatched furniture and make it look AWESOME! (Sure Mike did the work but you had the idea!) That is so cool...and I love how your bowl ties it all together.
Thanks for the words about motherhood. I needed that today...I'm having a "why can't I get anything DONE!?" day.
So stinking cute!
This week has been a week of not getting anything done either. But I have spent a lot of time with my kids even if it often involves a lot of catastrophes. Thanks for the great reminder.
You're a good momma and you have a couple of great kids!
I love how your table and chairs turned out! You're an awesome bargain shopper!!!
Emma's hair blows my mind! Where did she get that gene for that much hair! It's gorgeous! Boy do I love that andrew! He truly is funny:)
The mismatched chairs remind me of "Friends". It's good to have a reminded about how the kids are what "we're getting done each day". Thanks!
I would love to have cute chairs like that. I've got 4 chairs of one kind and 2 of another kind...
Post a Comment