Friday, August 28, 2009

It's what's on the inside that counts

We got to see the inside of our house yesterday. It was a welcome field trip since we've already signed the lease based on seeing the outside and peering into the windows.

We were very happy with what we saw.

There is an awesome amount of storage and I'm so excited to have a garage! We can leave the bike/trailer set up instead of having the bike hanging on the wall in our laundry room and having it be an act of Congress to take a bike ride. And, our car will be in a garage which I'm sure old Gracie will appreciate since she is approaching 100K!

This is the formal living room/entry way. It is nice to have a room you always have clean and serene. We enjoy having a quiet place to read while the kids are playing together or by themselves.



The family room/dining room which for us becomes family room/play room/piano room/room for books (if you've ever been to our house you know we have a LOT of books).


The other half of the room but it shows that you can see the family room from the kithcen- hooray! When we moved here I wanted that but didn't get it with the place we are now. I'm so excited to a) not have to leave the kitchen to see what my children are squabbling about and b) still get to be part of the action/conversation even when I'm cooking.


Kitchen. The cabinets are beautiful and the counters are granite. Truth be told I don't like the granite at all really. I wouldn't have chosen the colors BUT whatever.


The other half of the kitchen- the fridge is side by side- we've never had one of those and the door of the fridge has water/ice dispenser- hooray! I've always wanted an ice maker. Ahhhh simple pleasures!


This is "eat in" kitchen and we'll make it the only dining area we have because who wants their kids eating over the carpet? Not me! Plus, we only have one table and still not enough chairs for that one so one dining area is good enough. Off the kitchen there is a sliding glass door to the FENCED IN back yard!



There is balcony off of our bedroom which will be nice once there is somewhere to sit out there. When we first saw the houses I didn't want one that had the balcony because I didn't want another wall with a door on it but the kids think it's really cool and Mike really likes it so I am sure I will learn to love it too.


This is a kid room- they both thought the big empty rooms were quite fun and I'm sure they'll love them even more when all their stuff is there.


Jack and Jill bathroom between the bedrooms. One of the rooms is slightly bigger than the other but the smaller room has a bigger closet. All the rooms have HUGE walk in closets.


The steps- they're just steps but not every step has a couple of cuties sitting on them.


Andrew sitting in the master bathtub. It's pretty deep! There is a separate shower which is really nice and 2 sinks in the bathroom.


We both feel very blessed to have such a house. I am sure the house will be filled with wonderful memories just as every place we live seems to be when we leave. This will be the longest we've lived anywhere since we were married. We will be in this house until at least April 2012. Then, if Mike gets the job he wants next we would be here for another 3 years. It will be great to not move in a year. This is our 8th house, Emma's 5th house, Andrew's 4th. Stamford Drive here we come!

11 comments:

BritCosplay said...

WOW! This place is amazing! I am so happy for you! What a great place to live. I bet you are so excited to put all of your things inside and set up shop. Have fun!

lynnissa said...

Gorgeous! Yay for your family.

{kim} said...

And this will be the 3rd house that we get to come visit you in!

Alison said...

How is that base housing? It's so nice! Congratulations you guys!

Anonymous said...

Man oh Man that is not like any base housing I've ever seen! What a beautiful house! I hope your neighbors are nice too. Congratulations!

Tonia said...

Beautiful! Still wish we could be your neighbors (for more reason than one :))!

Michelle said...

Brooke. That house is beautiful. You are going to have so much fun living there.

Adriane said...

Wow, that is seriously an awesome place! I can't believe that's military housing!

MaryAnne said...

Your house looks beautiful - and how great that you'll get to stay there for a few years!

Janelle said...

Congrats guys, Congrats. you deserve it!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness Brooke- you're house is just GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! The pretties Ive ever seen! Im so happy for you! :) Love ya