Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things that happened today

What a great day! Everyone woke up feeling much better- although I am having a hard time getting ALL the sour milk smell out of the carpet. I know there is a little still there since I fell on my face during a push-up today and smelled it. Ewwww

Today....
Kids rode their bikes outside and Andrew did his fake crashing bit where he pretends to be in out of control flight and says "pull up, pull up, pull up" and then slams into something and says "it's all part of the plan- more or less." It's pretty hilarious but today he crashed into another persons Civic. Luckily no damage was done and Andrew could not understand why in the world we should not crash our bikes into other people's cars. Funny or not.

There was mail in the mailbox from BOTH Grandma's today- such lucky little kids I have!

We went swimming at the "Dugley's" house and the kids swam around very independently with their floaty suits and arm float combinations. Andrew isn't 100% confident but Emma is and it was awesome! They have so many fun pool toys and their pool is salt water and it rocks. It makes ME want to go underwater and I never go under water if I can help it.

We bought all the ABC cookies they had on the shelf at Target. Kids love em' I love em' Mike loves em'. They don't always have them so 6 boxes of Organic Very Vanilla ABC cookies went in our cart.

Kids took pictures of each other (and me). I was so impressed by how well they did. And, the picture of Andrew and I is PRICELESS since the look on his face and his hands are saying "can I have a turn now?"





We read lots of Miffy and Maisy books at the big library.

Emma left her fan (little personal foam blade fan) at the library and had a conniption and we had to go back and get it.

I signed Emma up for "tot soccer" to start in September! I'm so excited to see her running around chasing a soccer ball. Obviously I'm not thinking I'm breeding a Mia Hamm. I signed her up because I think she'll have fun and because it's with a local homeschool sports league and I think that's great. And, because the whole dang thing is $10! That's just a good deal no matter how you look at it.



We tried to have a picnic and I got about 30 mosquito bites in 2 minutes. The kids got zero! While I was being eaten alive the kids were running around trying to catch the little suckers like lightning bugs! What is the deal with me and mosquitoes? Trust me, guys I'm not that sweet. Geeze!


I colored the grey out of my hair. It looks about the same except with no grey. And, voila! I'm 29 again. (instead of 39 which is how my grey hair was making me feel!)


We made very fun plans with our friends for tomorrow.

Emma told me my swimsuit was "fancy."

Andrew asked me for a letter "U" cookie 12 million times.

Andrew practiced writing his letters on the chalkboard while I read to Emma for bedtime then came in just as I was finishing with his face COVERED in pink chalk. I said "did you write on your own face?" He looked at me like I was crazy with a face covered in chalk and said "NO!" His very first lie.

The end of this can say I stayed up too late since it's almost 11 and I'm still awake.

3 comments:

Tonia said...

It sounds like a fun day. We want to get Bella in soccer this year but I think Andre secretly has in mind to raise a little Mia Hamm! I want to find as great of a deal as you did! That picture of you and Andrew is adorable by the way, who would be able to say no to those adorable pleading baby blues?

Anonymous said...

Cute hair color -- I'd definitely keep my grey hair if I looked 39!

ALYN said...

I'm starting to think about covering the grey... : (