And, on the news today they said President Obama is making a trip to Ghana. No kidding! What they didn't say is that there's a battleship floating there with 100's of people on board playing extra security team. I hope it's a really really really good meeting (like end the national debt crisis or getting the cure for all cancers good).
Anyhoo-
Emma seems to have come out of her 5 o'clock wake up funk. Good thing too because I was thinking of developing a locking-kids-in-their-room defense.
However
She has developed the amazingly annoying habit of not taking an hour of rest time. She comes right out when she's had enough rest (betwen 7 and 10 minutes usually) and she is a BEAR in the afternoons. She needs rest. I think I'm going to turn our bedroom doorknob around. (She naps in our room) She doesn't come out at bedtime because she's usually begging to go to bed at 6:30 and falls asleep when I let her go to bed at 7 in about 3.5 seconds.
We've taken 2 weeks of our art class and it's cute. Today was all about the play-doh and Emma made about 65 ducks with the duck cut out thing and lined them up in perfectly straight lines across the table. Andrew made a couple of everything and destroyed them and made them again and took every chance he could get to tast the play-doh. Sometimes I'm just floored at how different my children are.
We picked up this little 13 year old girl in our ward today to come play with the kids for a couple of hours. I did most important tasks like laundry and cleaning (gasp!) Then, when Andrew was asleep I went to run a couple of errands. When I came home my house was so tidy! I've bought a lot of toys in my lifetime to keep my kids busy but a 13 year old is definitely the best $ I've ever spent. It was great for everyone. The kids had a blast, I got to clean in peace for an hour, I ran a bunch of errands in record time (only possible with no children) and Andrew never knew I was gone.
She's coming over again next week. She is the sweetest little thing. She says "yes ma'am" and is polite, sweet and did I mention she cleaned my house while I was gone?
Monday we had a playdate with a little girl who is 14 months old. I was so utterly embarrassed when my son spent the entire time trying to gouge out this poor baby's eyes, claw her skin and knock her over. Of course when he does stuff like this I'm thinking "how are you violent? Nobody hits you, claws you or knocks you over!" What is the deal? He's like 18.5 lbs of terror. How can my son be a bully? I don't condone his behavior one bit but it really does make me feel like being the violent one and I tell him "NO!" and he looks up at me with those big baby blues....and laughs.
However
When he's not trying to beat up babies Andrew is so smart and sweet. I think his brain is growing by leaps and bounds. He is able to do puzzles almost as well as Emma and knows all the letters and their sounds. He can recognize numbers 1-13 and if you ask him what he wants to do he will say "letters" (starfall.com) I think it's hilarious when you ask him "how do you spell Andrew?" He says (different combinations each time, all begin with A) "A-F-V-L-U Andrew!" Whenever he sees the letter D he says "oh D is daddy's." Little smarty pants. He is SO independant. He wants to do EVERYTHING himself. If I put a puzzle peice in a puzzle he takes it out, puts it back on the floor, picks it up himself and puts it in. Now, if I could just get him to stop picking on anyone who will hold still....
These kids are HAPPY. It is true they make me crazy at moments but I'm so glad to be here with them.



8 comments:
They are the happiest little kids. I remember that "no nap" afternoon funk. The "bear" part of it is the worst. She'll start another growth spurt & sleep will soon overcome her once again in the afternoon!
They really are happy and cute. You do such a great job with them!
Your kids are adorable.
I feel for you with the nap funk you have going on, especially with your hubby away for work.
Andrew is so smart. Time is "flying" by-Mike will be home before you know it!
McKay NEVER liked naps either but I NEEDED my break so I'd just tell her she didn't have to sleep, she just had to relax for an hour (she usually fell asleep anyway) Instead of saying "Go take your nap" I'd say "go take your relax"
I'm so glad to hear Emma got over her 5 am wake up thing, hopefully it stays that way. We're in for a major super nanny type thing at our house once we finally get settled in a home again.
The art class sounds like so much fun, I hope I'm able to find great things like you do. How do you find all these activities? You always have great ideas and things to do.
Okay, so I might sound like a bad mom, but I used to have to lock Trent IN his room at night. I tried the "safety" door knob things and he figured those out in one night. So we has to turn the knob around.
Why? Because he would wake up, quietly unlock the back door, with his blanket and pillow in hand, go down the deck stairs to the dog-run, open the gate to the rest of the yard, and set up his bed there. Then he would continue to play with the dog. Did I mention that is was at 3am? More than 1 time, did I wake up to the dog barking and finding him outside. Yep, he wasn't even two years old yet. (and my life hasn't slowed down since...sigh)
It was my peace of mind, knowing that I would find my son in HIS room in the morning.
There' nothin' wrong with peace of mind. :)
Ok your little feed thing on the side is stressing me out. i don't want you to think I'm stalking you guys or anything. I just have to keep checking your page, because for some reason my dashboard won't give me updates on your blog. Ok? :)
Post a Comment