Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kiddie stuff





Well, these may be boring to read but this is the day my blog becomes the "baby book" where I get to write down all the funny things the kids are up to.

Emma has struck a new independent cord- doing SO much on her own now. She can wash her own hands! She has started getting the spoons or forks she needs and putting them on the table and she LOVES to help me cook. I actually think that's why she wants cream of wheat every morning- so she can help me cook (and steal bites of brown sugar). She finally wants to dress herself. She only likes to wear a couple of her things. As she calls them: blue skirt, spot dress, brown skirt, square pants, purple square pants, tree pants, and princess nightgowns. She is dreaming of having some boots and today at Target she was almost drooling over a pair of fuzzy (fake ugg type things) boots. I may have get some boots for her to wear this fall. She has a love for Angelina Ballerina books. They are long and I'm always impressed how well she follows along and knows the stories. She has decided she doesn't like milk anymore and has become the pickiest little eater over the last couple of weeks. I think all she eats is bagels, pickles, cream of wheat, mac and cheese, chicken and cheese sticks. Oh, well.



Andrew gets funnier every day. I think he's reached the 20 lb mark and his feet are growing like weeds! I had to buy him some new shoes today- size 6! They looked so big in the box and yet they fit him just fine. He wants to be just as independent as Emma in different ways. He likes to do everything he can for himself. He even wants to wash and rinse his own hair- which he does. He is talking more and more every day. He wants a "rescue pack" like Diego so bad he can taste it. He has taken to wearing Emma's little purple back pack whenever he can. (See picture at very top) I need to get him his own. He loves to run, climb, dance, wrestle, and loves to color, do puzzles, and play hide and seek. Whenever he can find my workout shoes he puts them on and starts saying "7..8...9...10.." as he breathes hard and jumps around. I guess he's being me exercising. Although, I'm sure I'm not as cute as he is doing it. My favorite new thing he says is "okay, mommy" when I ask him to do something. I love it even more when he actually does it. I can't believe in 6 weeks he'll be 2 1/2!
Please try not to notice how dirty the mirror is behind him. All they do is touch, touch, touch it so I give up on it.


I know I said his feet were big, but not THIS big.

4 comments:

Pam Levin said...

They're so darn cute, I can't even stand it. Only 2 1/2 more weeks!

Pam Levin said...

They're so darn cute, I can't even stand it. Only 2 1/2 more weeks!

Pam Levin said...

Re: previous comment - not sure why that posted twice! Sorry!

MaryAnne said...

You have some very cute kids. My daughter will only wear t-shirts and shorts these days; we make her wear a dress to church but it comes off the minute she walks in the door. She has even started saying she'll wear a shirt and shorts to her wedding...