Sunday, June 28, 2009

In our first couple days

We did have a good week. Andrew has come in our room every morning and run straight to Mike's side of the bed and exclaimed "DADDY" to the pile of pillows on his side of the bed. But, other than that....we're moving along.

It was weird Saturday morning as I was preparing to go out on Saturday morning I would have to not just do this Saturday but the next one and the next and the next. Saturday is a weird day to not have Mike around because its a day he is typically home and we do everything together. But, wouldn't you know it, we made it through. But, we're not up to Saturday.

I covered Wednesday in my list of 29. On Thursday Emma asked me what day it was and I told her. She said "is it almost June 24th?" I told her June 24th was the day before. She said "don't worry mommy you can share my candle on my cake." It was very sweet of her to think I needed a cake. She was pretty concerned we hadn't had a party for me. But, she's forgotten about it now. We went swimming at the Stake President's house on Thursday morning. Their pool is AWESOME. It is a saline pool so it doesn't have any chlorine and I love those pools. It's also heated. Oh, how I love heated pools. The "shallow" end is big and they have about 500 pool toys so all the kids are very happy. Every Thursday all the kids in our ward are invited to come swim at the Stake Presidents house from 11-2. We would never make it until 2 but we swam until about 12:45. Of course we left with Andrew kicking and screaming so I think he had a good time. Emma refused to use her noodle in the pool but saw another kid wearing floaties on his arms and wanted some of those. I put some on her and she was so happy to be able to "swim" by herself. Andrew is getting more and more adventurous and was jumping off the side of the pool into the water. Next week we will take our lunch and eat before we go home because Andrew fell asleep and didn't take a very long nap because he was starving.
Friday morning we took a trip up to the commissary. We went early so we could play on the playground first. While I was loading the kid in the car I slammed my thumb in the car door. Hard. My thumbnail was purple within 5 seconds. Ouch. I'm surprised it actually appears to be getting better now. I thought for sure my thumb nail was going to fall off, but the black/purple area has been getting smaller and smaller. I must have amazing healing abilities. It's still pretty sore but I'm so glad I didn't break it. I didn't notice I was missing my wallet because I had cash for my groceries and my military ID was in the car door. But, in just an hour I would find out I was in fact missing my wallet. I had a most excellent experience at the commissary when Andrew threw a hysterical temper tantrum at the checkout line. The checker said something sweet to him and instead of cowering he just snarled at her. I was so embarassed. Then the sweet little lady who helped me to my car `picked up Emma's stuffed giraffe off the ground and she scowled "no I want my mommy to get it" and threw it back on the ground. At which point I hung my head and apologized and wondered what the heck I was doing wrong to have such rude children. Luckily the cashier and sweet little lady didn't seem too traumatized. Don't you love those mommy moments when you just want to fold up inside yourself and disappear or ask "who is the genius mother raising these two?" Keeping me humble I suppose. I spent all but $10 of my cash on groceries which I thought was acceptable since I had a wallet to get gas for my afternoon trip to Williamsburg to see Alison and JT who were there with family. BUT, when we stopped to get gas (I was just about on empty). I couldn't find my wallet. I thought for sure I must have just left it at home....for sure. A LOT of searching later I realized I wasn't going to make it to Williamsburg with only $10 and no wallet. I cancelled my trip up there and later that night....found my wallet- in the dryer. Good I found my wallet, but too bad it was 8 hours late to see our friends. I'm just happy I hadn't cancelled my cards yet. All is well that ends well, that's what I always say.

Friday night we stayed home and cleaned up the house and the kids went to bed by 7 and then I had my butt kicked by P90X. I really love the workouts. Sometimes when I pop one in and it says 58 minutes left I am like "no way." And, the next thing I know I'm drenched in sweat and it's over.

The kids have picked up the unfortunate skill of opening doors and they are getting up earlier and earlier every day. 5:30 Saturday morning was killer. I signed Emma up for a free trial class at the Little Gym and when I told her that's where we were going to go she was SO excited. She was really funny when she said "am I going to do pull ups at my gym?" I can only imagine what kind of class I was going to send her to. The facility was AWESOME. She bounded into the class and had such a great time. For some silly reason I thought Andrew would enjoy having some undivided attention and do puzzles with me, read, color, whatever. Boy, was I wrong. He was a raving mad lunatic when he realized he wouldn't be going in the super fun looking room with all the fun stuff in it. I was able to entertain him for the hour and watch Emma every once in a while. She was happy and enjoying every single minute of the class. When we left and Andrew realized he would not in fact be going into the fun room at all he was so mad and purple I thought he was going to have a seizure of something. It was as if someone had literally cut a circut in him. I left thinking that maybe a class for JUST Emma wasn't the right choice. As much fun as she would have I don't know if Andrew or I could handle a scene like that every week. So, I went back to the drawing board and was surprised to find Gymboree running a deal on classes. The second child can take a class for free. So, we could take the family Gymboree class for less money that JUST Emma could take her Little Gym class. I think at least until Andrew turns three and could take his own class we should stick together! I don't think the Gymboree faciltity is as nice as The Little Gym but they have a class both the kids can take at the same time...so Gymboree it is. Plus, they give a military discount. I'm pretty excited for them to be able to take a class like this. They're going to have a good time.

Last night we went to dinner at our friends house. We played outside for a bit where I got 300 mosquito bites and then the kids ran arounnd while Tiffany and I chatted and she made us the MOST delicious pizza from SCRATCH! That's impressive. The kids were exhausted and Emma fell asleep in the car on our way home and Andrew followed shortly thereafter....but were both rearing to go at 5:45 this morning. Kids are amazing, aren't they?

Here's a couple pictures of our week.

Andrew when we got home from our friends house....still had a little more steam

Emma was asleeeeeeeeep

Andrew and his little buddy Ray. Ray is 4 months younger than Andrew but shockingly Andrew is just a little smaller. Okay, a lot smaller but they get along nicely and Ray has a sweet little face.



2 comments:

Tonia said...

I'm glad to hear you've survived your first couple of days. I'm sure it was very disappointing to have to miss out on your trip to visit with Alison and JT but I'm glad to hear you found your wallet! By the way, if it makes you feel any better, any time anyone in the store talks to Bella about anything she gives them a dirty look and looks away from them immediately. It is quite embarrassing so I know where you're coming from!

Mollie Lawrence said...

andrew's so bald! glad to see you made it through the week! staying busy! Love you!